• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Chihauhuas rule! The funniest race on the UCI calendar.

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
Chihuahua is actually a federal state of Mexico, the name has nothing to do with honoring the yapping toy dog. Sorry for the disappointment!

now if only there was a Dachshund Rundfahrt! that would be another story...

A

Anonymous

I think the womens race at the Tour de Toona was just downright disrespectful.

A

Anonymous

hmronnow said:
I'm curious - what about it?

I was being facetious, but the explanation of the joke is that "Toona" sounds like "tuna" which is euphemism for a vagina which is a part of the female anatomy which would be something the entire field of a women's race would have (barring any South African riders) which would make "Tour de Toona" sound a bit disrespectful if you were inclined to be offended easily by such things.

This joke explaining I have had to do the past few weeks is starting to give me a complex.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
I was being facetious, but the explanation of the joke is that "Toona" sounds like "tuna" which is euphemism for a vagina which is a part of the female anatomy which would be something the entire field of a women's race would have (barring any South African riders) which would make "Tour de Toona" sound a bit disrespectful if you were inclined to be offended easily by such things.

This joke explaining I have had to do the past few weeks is starting to give me a complex.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Ptitle0t9r68ih?from=Main.DoNotExplainTheJoke

A

Anonymous

Thoughtforfood said:

language barriers again.. i have never once in my life heard it referred to as a tuna...

A

Anonymous

dimspace said:
language barriers again.. i have never once in my life heard it referred to as a tuna...

One of my favorite comics ever was a Mr Magoo (who was almost blind) walking past a fish store and saying "Good morning ladies"

Thoughtforfood said:
I was being facetious, but the explanation of the joke is that "Toona" sounds like "tuna"

I see, never heard that before either. With a bit of dyslexia or pronunciation problems, US seems to have a number of funny races. didn't they just run Tour of Missery?

(Btw. mis in Danish is actually slang for 'tuna')

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Rasmussen wins prologue of the dog fight. These are the results from the CN report:
Rasmussen, 35, won the 4.2-kilometre prologue in a time of 8:44, which was 26 hundredths of a second faster than Daniel Moreno (Caisse d'Epargne). Two Rock Racing riders took third and fourth, respectively Oscar Sevilla and defending champion Francisco Mancebo.

TRENDING THREADS