• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Chinese cycle clothing

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
Please forgive if there is already been a thread regarding this...but wanted to mention that I picked up a couple of jersey and bibs combo from a mainland Chinese seller through a online auction site (the big one) and, now I've used them for the past two months, I have to say, they aren't bad, esp for the $40 AUD they cost me per set.. the sizing is all off the charts, but.. the bibs were made for a person with 10 cm hips and they were size XL, but the large jersey was a good fit. Decent material and stitching is quite good too.
Chamois was passable but kinda bulky, had to drop the saddle a few mills.
Anyone have anything pro or con to say about this?

Happy riding!

S2Sturges said:
Please forgive if there is already been a thread regarding this...but wanted to mention that I picked up a couple of jersey and bibs combo from a mainland Chinese seller through a online auction site (the big one) and, now I've used them for the past two months, I have to say, they aren't bad, esp for the $40 AUD they cost me per set.. the sizing is all off the charts, but.. the bibs were made for a person with 10 cm hips and they were size XL, but the large jersey was a good fit. Decent material and stitching is quite good too.
Chamois was passable but kinda bulky, had to drop the saddle a few mills.
Anyone have anything pro or con to say about this?

Happy riding!

Decent quality but the sizing was so off I sent them back, XL bibs fit like xxxl and Xl jersey like a medium.

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
They are made in a sweat shop they dont have designe copyright and preventing good quality manufacturers from producing top of the line stuff.

Carefull if using them in a UCI race even at club I have seen riders prevented from starting because they were wearing other countrys championship jerseys
they are almost exact same but not quite .

If wearing a Tom Boonan Begian champion Jersey makes you go as fast as Tom in a sprint then good luck.

Respect for something that was hard earned.

oldborn

BANNED
May 14, 2010
Visit site
Same as above, good quality (not same as pro team kits) but after some 20 washes they are prety good (Briko twice as much then Chinese fall appart). Not to mention that guy offered me direct ordering in order to avoid some "big auction site" fees. It cost me some 40 USD for bibs and jersey. And yes hips are very, very tiny indeed.

Stay well!

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
Bustedknuckle said:
Decent quality but the sizing was so off I sent them back, XL bibs fit like xxxl and Xl jersey like a medium.

BK, was wondering why you bother with the China crap when your shop's kit is 2nd to none? I'll be paying you a visit at the end of the year, or early Jan. See you then!!

May 13, 2009
Visit site
I bought one of the knock-off jerseys this last summer. An XXL barely fit me like an L. Considering the price, I said why not try one out. $18 all in was worth it.

The stupid thing was I bought it when I was home in the States on a visit even though I live in China. When I am in China I would never even consider getting one of them. It was actually the same price for me to get it in the States as it would have been online in China.

I have seen the factories, and they vary quite a bit. Some use better materials, but the shorts are crap. They make them all over here, but believe me when I say the real stuff does not get made up and sold off by the factory.

As extra jerseys they are worth it, but they are not up to date really. It is like a jersey from the mid 90s. The wicking is not there.

I bought two jersey/B&B kits for $46 each. I did my best to order the right size but when they arrived they were too small. I would like to send them back and swap them but it appears the company isn't interested in my emails now.

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
Polyarmour said:
I bought two jersey/B&B kits for $46 each. I did my best to order the right size but when they arrived they were too small. I would like to send them back and swap them but it appears the company isn't interested in my emails now.

That is the curse of online buying, especially cheapo knock off stuff.. I wasn't expecting much, but after reading the various feedback that this company had, I gave it a dig.. turned out that the bloke in China was very easy to deal with and took the trouble to update me on shipping,etc.. When I returned my original pairs of undersized shorts, I paid for the return shipping and the bloke kept me up to speed on when the parcel left and all that. Too bad to hear you had a bad experience.. Then again, I have had some serious issues with other private sellers in North America, one of which ended up with the police being involved, key words are still buyer beware.
I'd persist with the emails, just try to remain polite, I think most people switch off if someone is rude to them.
Good Luck

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
brianf7 said:
They are made in a sweat shop they dont have designe copyright and preventing good quality manufacturers from producing top of the line stuff.

Carefull if using them in a UCI race even at club I have seen riders prevented from starting because they were wearing other countrys championship jerseys
they are almost exact same but not quite .

If wearing a Tom Boonan Begian champion Jersey makes you go as fast as Tom in a sprint then good luck.

Respect for something that was hard earned.

Oh indeed! No, I purchased two regular team kits, for commuting and training rides, I have my club kit to race in.. The last thing I would ever do is wear any championship or National team knock off.. I know ex CDn national team members, and how fast they went and how hard they trained, 99.99% of us aren't worthy of pulling one of their jerseys on..

RDV4ROUBAIX said:
BK, was wondering why you bother with the China crap when your shop's kit is 2nd to none? I'll be paying you a visit at the end of the year, or early Jan. See you then!!

Just looking at the quality and such. Plus a cheap set of bibs($20) for the winter. Thanks for pitch, we just got LS Green/White?/Red jerseys..they turned out really well. Made in Bulgaria.

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
My question is why bother? I've been buying Nalini's bottom of the line bibs for about $30 and got my wife a jersey about the same. Not the flash padding of the top-line and not too think like a junk kitchen sponge, but good for a few hours on the bike. Quality is good and size is correct.

NOT WORTH IT! (I speak from experience...)

There is a huge difference in quality between different factories. What looks good in pictures is very different when you get it in your hands... The sizing is extremely hard to follow... XXXXL = Large sometimes. Seams coming apart after a few rides. Shorts visibly worn (pilings) in the seat area after only 2 short rides. You have been warned... :eek:

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I've found it good for summer commuter wear. Like others say, sizing is very variable. For training, racing and winter riding I wear genuine Assos, which is unparralled in terms of quality, "race fit" and temperature range.