• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 679 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 42 56.8%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 17 23.0%

• Total voters
Chris has just tweeted a corporate shill interview, where he is plugging cycling technology products.
However, he was asked about where he is now in his career and if there was a race out there he would love to win for the first time.
"I have not got back to my previous level yet and I am still working at that," he said.
"The whole process was trying to get back to an equilibrium I guess, between my left leg and my right leg.
"I'd go out there and make sure my injured leg was working harder than my non-injured leg. That was just basically to get the strength back to being on par again.
"It's taken me, I'd say, the best part of a year-and-a-half to two years to get back to that level I was at previously in terms of the leg symmetry, but earlier this year we got there, which was a massive achievement."
As for the race he'd still love to win: "I'd have to say San Sebastian. It's a hilly one-day classic that comes one week after the Tour de France.
"I've never really shown much in one-day racing, but before my career is over I'd love to have a one-day result to my name and that's a race where I think I could potentially make it happen."

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
but he already went back to his former level. the one before 2011's vuelta.
His former level is the level that he showed on mont ventoux 2013 against your pistolero.
Your pistolero needed to eat more beefs to beat froome, that's what bothers you.
And you can continue to come here to mock froome, but his seven grand tours, and is legendary status will never disappear.

His former level is the level that he showed on mont ventoux 2013 against your pistolero.
Your pistolero needed to eat more beefs to beat froome, that's what bothers you.
And you can continue to come here to mock froome, but his seven grand tours, and is legendary status will never disappear.
That’s his peak but Froome has had very different former levels for varying degrees of time.

Reactions: Ripper
That’s his peak but Froome has had very different former levels for varying degrees of time.
You know what he was insinuating when he said that it was" his former level". Like, if his level after 2011 was a "not normal" level, because of other things. (I know that he is going to deny that he was insinuating that)
But, guess what, he should know that froome was never stripped of a grand tour, very ironic afirmations of a guy that have contador in his pic.

You know what he was insinuating when he said that it was" his former level". Like, if his level after 2011 was a "not normal" level, because of other things. (I know that he is going to deny that he was insinuating that)
But, guess what, he should know that froome was never stripped of a grand tour, very ironic afirmations of a guy that have contador in his pic.
Too be fair, both had the same lawyer, defense, and findings but different result.
His results before that Vuelta didn’t show any GC ability at a stage race, let alone a GT. His best results was fourth at Herald Sun Tour and only had one other top 10. It was so bad that UK was sad he didn’t get a single UCI point for sixth on a stage in TdR to get points in order to have 9 riders at Worlds. He had a decent TT. So that 2011 Vuelta was not a normal level that he showed before hand and it grew. Which it’s the Vuelta, strange things happen there.

Reactions: Ripper

actually, I couldn't care less about the fact that Contador post-ban was inferior to the one pre-ban and got rightfully beaten by froome.
what surprises me is that you keep crying because some random internet dude stated a fact about your fave rider. get a life kiddo, you'll realize that there are more important things to worry about.

actually, I couldn't care less about the fact that Contador post-ban was inferior to the one pre-ban and got rightfully beaten by froome.
what surprises me is that you keep crying because some random internet dude stated a fact about your fave rider. get a life kiddo, you'll realize that there are more important things to worry about.
I think you should be the guy that needs to get a life, not me, it's you that constantly come here to mock froome, and make some child comments.
I'm not seeing what fact some random internet dude said, he showed his best level with 26 years in 2011, it wasn't so "old". On previous years he was with bilharzia(i know you think that bilharzia is a "excuse" and was in barlworld team, a weak team with a weak staff that didn't boost is potential. And you know very well the state of the peloton on that previous years, remember what happened to mauricio soler in 2018 when he was in the same team of froome?! If he wasn't clean he wasn't doing bad results, contrary to soler. There was a lot of factors to explain that level before 2011.
But if you want to be serious, you should read about the laboratory test that froome did in 2007, and see hos potential amd engine, instead of insinuating things about you. You should read and see some things like a vo2 max of 80 with 74 kg, 4 mol blood lactate concentration, efficiency of 23.3% of his vo2 max. It's more easy to insinuate some things of the riders instead of investigate things. The same is happening now with pogacar. The guy has a threshold power of 6.4 w/kg, but it's more easy to people insinuate some things about him.
And don't come here with that *** of crying about my fav rider, i already said many times that froome should retire and that he is not gonna be competitive again.

I think you should be the guy that needs to get a life, not me, it's you that constantly come here to mock froome, and make some child comments.
I'm not seeing what fact some random internet dude said, he showed his best level with 26 years in 2011, it wasn't so "old". On previous years he was with bilharzia(i know you think that bilharzia is a "excuse" and was in barlworld team, a weak team with a weak staff that didn't boost is potential. And you know very well the state of the peloton on that previous years, remember what happened to mauricio soler in 2018 when he was in the same team of froome?! If he wasn't clean he wasn't doing bad results, contrary to soler. There was a lot of factors to explain that level before 2011.
But if you want to be serious, you should read about the laboratory test that froome did in 2007, and see hos potential amd engine, instead of insinuating things about you. You should read and see some things like a vo2 max of 80 with 74 kg, 4 mol blood lactate concentration, efficiency of 23.3% of his vo2 max. It's more easy to insinuate some things of the riders instead of investigate things. The same is happening now with pogacar. The guy has a threshold power of 6.4 w/kg, but it's more easy to people insinuate some things about him.
And don't come here with that *** of crying about my fav rider, i already said many times that froome should retire and that he is not gonna be competitive again.

tldr version please

He just lost the fat.
He trained harder than everyone else.

He got rid of a tropical parasite.

Then had to do it again. And again. Which is weird because his level transformed after the first time. I can't keep track. It's almost as if someone was making these stories up to explain something which is ridiculous on its face. But that can't be.

I think rounder wheels came into it at some point.

And pillows. He used his own pillow.

...and was in barlworld team, a weak team with a weak staff that didn't boost is potential.

Here's Froome giving a wheel to legendary rider...Greg Henderson. Weird but that looks like a Sky kit??!! Sky must have overlooked "boosting his potential" in favor of such incredible talents like Henderson. Luckily Chris found out how to "boost his potential" without Sky's help. Took his own team by surprise in the 2011 Vuelta.

kcpkp9iuq8111.jpg

Last edited:
ah ok, the fat loss and the bilharzia thing along with those marginal gains shenanigans.
the kid could have just said this instead of writing a wall of text for no one to read.

apparently, the thread : A poignant exposé on a cyclist's popularity is the elite thread, so you can go there and stay .........

P.S. not just the bag that was left in a few mountains of the Giro, but the phone number of his acupuncturist, and let's not forget :his inhaler too

Revolutionary thing:tearsofjoy:
Get don’t knock it till you try it.

It's next to impossible to have a meaningful conversation about the transfroomation without it being the clinic. I mean, that's how crazy it is.
You know they have a point and something no one has looked at. Let’s be generous and say his odds to win and podium the Vuelta was 10000/1. Michelle bets $10000 on both on the side, they’re $20 million richer and they retire. But Michelle screwed up and only bet on Froome winning, causing him to have to continue racing. Almost the heist of the century.

TRENDING THREADS