• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 699 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 32 32.3%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 57 57.6%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 22 22.2%

• Total voters
History is backing Chris in his quest. No cyclist ever ended his career with 4 TdF victories. So either Chris wins his 5th or he'll be riding forever - cycling wins anyway.
Pogi seems strong but he'll crack like an egg for sure - all it takes is G. sharing his secret knowledge with his Kenyan friend, who will RPM the kiddo to death.

And once you combine an East African with a G, you get Gangsta.

That's a wrap.

I thought my post was clever, but your post sounds far too intellectual for my scope.

I might understand it by Sunday. Like Froome I believe in miracles.
His belly got bigger from the Bilharzia infections meaning it finished before he did. This how he finished in 141th place of 133 finishers.

BTW, I thought mean posts weren't allowed in here, only meme ones.
I would say the average (mean) posts in this thread are negative towards Froome. ;)

His belly got bigger from the Bilharzia infections meaning it finished before he did. This how he finished in 141th place of 133 finishers.

I would say the average (mean) posts in this thread are negative towards Froome. ;)

I reckon we've hijacked threads more often than Froome has had bizarria (I don't care, I'm calling it that). Happy Easter to you, my similar time zone friend.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
I reckon we've hijacked threads more often than Froome has had bizarria (I don't care, I'm calling it that). Happy Easter to you, my similar time zone friend.
We commandeer the threads and put them back when we are through. Hijacking would be if we never returned it.

It’s midnight where I am but I work night shift :sweatsmile::tearsofjoy:

My sleep schedule got all screwed up from that and school during the day but no more school till BSN starts x.x .

Almost Easter!! Though my younger siblings finally found out there is no Easter Bunny but still have Santa and Tooth Fairy.

We commandeer the threads and put them back when we are through. Hijacking would be if we never returned it.

It’s midnight where I am but I work night shift :sweatsmile::tearsofjoy:

My sleep schedule got all screwed up from that and school during the day but no more school till BSN starts x.x .

Almost Easter!! Though my younger siblings finally found out there is no Easter Bunny but still have Santa and Tooth Fairy.

We tag team, and like with wrestling, our hijacking isn't serious.

According the team Twitter the team focus today on Nizzolo...I don't think is a good idea...and that way all the team lost time. Froome finished the best of the workers, and maybe he was who worked more according to pictures and as far as I know...I will see the stage later.

Froome was the only rider other than Nizzolo to make it over the climbs but he was dropped on the descent.

Reactions: Sandisfan
He finished same time as Cobo. Getting close to the 2011 shape.
Both of them from Cantabria. I have seen lot of exhibitions of this Cobo, because I trained a guy compited against him . He was a destroyer some days...but to be a start today in cycling is not easy... I think Froome did his job in the climb...Nizzolo said he lose sometime on the climb and he forced to close the gap in the descent...Froome is not going to risk in a descent as an sprinter, they are the best descenders. So later he just hold a group and went till the end..not a good day to know his level . But if Nizzolo passed this hard climbs by the team help, especially Froome...I think it was a good level, because Nizzolo is not a climber. These kind of short stages coming next days are not the best for Froome, but anyway till he has not to work or better, till some people work for him, it would be difficult to know his real level, or at least to see a result.

Nizzolo is head and shoulders the best rider in this team so no wonder they want to back him in at least one stage here.

Froome was decent today.
Yes, I think they will try day by day..and not easy for the team . Now just four to work and long or hard mountains to come. There is a day Nizzolo has zero options, so that one , despite to be tired, the team look for breaks or to get a top ten on the stage...they have several riders for that.

Today, Chris Froome was placed 73rd of 115 finishers in a small group 7m 21s behind Tour of Alps Stage One winner Geoffrey Bouchard.
It seems from the comments he did not get dropped on the main Category Two climb of the day, but I will watch the highlights later.
However, let's be honest here. If we are getting excited about Froome's form based on him not exploding out the back on a routine climb in a small stage race we are really reaching for signs of improvement.
He is still way, way off simply based on the time gap.

Like someone said, he had the endurance last year to finish and not DNF or OTL the stage races and 5 were WT. but in races like this he should be able to place 35-50 on at least one stage vs 63-137.

If he finishes his career with no wins, who would have thought in 2018 that the Giro would be his last win and not a bad one to end it on.

Like someone said, he had the endurance last year to finish and not DNF or OTL the stage races and 5 were WT. but in races like this he should be able to place 35-50 on at least one stage vs 63-137.

If he finishes his career with no wins, who would have thought in 2018 that the Giro would be his last win and not a bad one to end it on.

I'll catch the stage later. they started with 6 guys, and already lost one , the 3 others lost more time than Froome. 35-50 , he would be 34 seconds behind. maybe keeping the legs for a breakaway and a stage win

Froome on the radio: "Ready the feeding zones, I'm going to smoke these fools"

FQn7HoWX0AQOa3o

Okay, I've just watched the highlights and we had the remarkable sight of Chris Froome barely clinging onto the rear of the peloton as if there was an invisible rider between him and the last cyclist in the bunch.
To be fair he held this position for km after km and was still there with at least 23km to go.
I think this is an improvement on his recent performances, but he was not participating in the racing, but just desperately trying to remain in spitting distance of the last man with grim determination.
At some point in the final twenty or so kms he lost touch by seven minutes.
Let's call it a tiny, tiny glimmer, but he is still way, way off where he needs to be at this level.

Comms said ISN & Bahrain did all the work during the stage until TV coverage started and Froome was working on the front to help bring it back for Nizzolo. Nizzolo clearly putting finishing touches to his form for Giro like many are in TofA, Froome not so much with Tour in mind, so difficult to know what improvements have been made since Coppi for Froome. We'll find out over the next 2 days I guess.