• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 28 35.0%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 46 57.5%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 18 22.5%

• Total voters
LaFlorecita said:
Yes :D losing every time is not good for his confidence and it only makes Froome stronger and stronger because he knows he's on the right track. And yes I think it's a prescribed season.

So we will see Contador crushing the UCI African Tour soon :D

Regarding Froome: Seems like he proposed to his douchy GF, maybe wedding planning will detract him ;)

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Froome has got a good engine but is a poor bike handler and suspect race nous IMO, very much second in that regards to Contador. Contador didn't look that good in the Vuelta last year but smashed it up on one stage when the race looked beyond him. Very early season, too early to predict what will happen in the GTs. The early skirmishes have gone to Froome, but then he had his nose bloodied by Nibali in turn.

I reckon Contador will have the measure of Froome come the tour. It's whether he and his team will have the measure of the Sky train.

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
In some race threads, I read the nickname "Froomedog" or sth like this.
What´s the reason for this? Does he have a dog´s face, sit on the bike like a dog, or own dogs at home?

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
RHRH19861986 said:
What´s the reason for this? Does he have a dog´s face, sit on the bike like a dog, or own dogs at home?

Did you watch the tour of 2012?

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
RHRH19861986 said:

His nutter wag said it on twitter. She was moaning about Wiggins and said that if anyone wants loyalty then they should get a Froomedog (who was dragging Wiggins through the mountains)

Google michelle cound and you should get the story somewhere

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Contadoraus Schlecks said:
His nutter wag said it on twitter. She was moaning about Wiggins and said that if anyone wants loyalty then they should get a Froomedog (who was dragging Wiggins through the mountains)

Google michelle cound and you should get the story somewhere

Thx a lot, appreciated :)

TRENDING THREADS