• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 42 56.8%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 17 23.0%

• Total voters
Contadoraus Schlecks said:
His nutter wag said it on twitter. She was moaning about Wiggins and said that if anyone wants loyalty then they should get a Froomedog (who was dragging Wiggins through the mountains)

Google michelle cound and you should get the story somewhere

I always thought it was because of how his head is always going up and down as he continously looks at his power meter. Reminiscent of those bobble head dogs that people used to sit on the dashboard of their cars.

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Theres another story about him being nicknamed Froomedog millionaire, after he signed a big money deal with Sky following 2011 Vuelta success (play on slumdog millionaire).

Need to ask the man himself i think

RHRH19861986 said:
In some race threads, I read the nickname "Froomedog" or sth like this.
What´s the reason for this? Does he have a dog´s face, sit on the bike like a dog, or own dogs at home?

It doesn't mean anything, just an old Sky nickname along the lines of Snoop Dogg, and much used by Geraint Thomas:

Here and here from G's twitter around Vuelta 2011, for instance.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
RHRH19861986 said:
In some race threads, I read the nickname "Froomedog" or sth like this.
What´s the reason for this? Does he have a dog´s face, sit on the bike like a dog, or own dogs at home?

Vino's Mum said:
It doesn't mean anything, just an old Sky nickname along the lines of Snoop Dogg, and much used by Geraint Thomas:

Here and here from G's twitter around Vuelta 2011, for instance.

Because his duty was to shepherd Wiggin around the mountain (like a faithful dog) for 3 weeks. He was clearly the best climber in the team but he was leashed all the time (like a dog), so he wouldn't run away to do his thing and dangers the position of his master (wiggin). There was one incident when he accelerated and left wiggin behind, but quickly, his DS told him to wait (so leashed him sorta speak). That's probably the most closest scientific explanation of his name: Froome-Dog :D

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Jelantik said:
Because his duty was to shepherd Wiggin around the mountain (like a faithful dog) for 3 weeks. He was clearly the best climber in the team but he was leashed all the time (like a dog), so he wouldn't run away to do his thing and dangers the position of his master (wiggin). There was one incident when he accelerated and left wiggin behind, but quickly, his DS told him to wait (so leashed him sorta speak). That's probably the most closest scientific explanation of his name: Froome-Dog :D
Second this:D

Jelantik said:

Fo sho. Though as the Twitter links show in my post above, it's a team nickname that comfortably predates last year's TdF and what happened on Toussuire and Peyragudes, and the ensuing WAG war and so on.

It started simply because he's a bit of a geek, and unlike Snoop, not at all gangsta. That's all.

An unpolished diamond

Hello everybody!!

I would like to share with you this analisis of the path to become one of the best Tours contenders, trying to show that some of the things said about Froome are not true. It has been a long process that I hope someone will serve, and that at least I will have as a reference if anyone say emphatically certain things.
It's interesting to read all the links, most are in English, although I always write the remarkable issues. For the rest I hope the translator that appears on the page could be enough, but if someone asks me to translate the most important parts I could take into consideration

It is very long, so.. take it easy...the season is long. :):p

An unpolished diamond: la historia de Chris Froome

Thank you

jens_attacks said:
taxus that's some beautiful work but i hope you're getting paid to do that.

and i say it as a froomey big fan

I don't get any money with this, I have never got any money with cycling, quite the reverse.

I jobless right now, so I have time to do this. I dont have any problem if SKy want to me :rolleyes::p , I didnt though about that...:p

Fan? Not really, at least the same than with another riders. And I am fan of riders I am sure they dope in the past, and I have no problem to say that: I could be fan of somebody, but not a blind fan. I am really fan of cyling.

I dont like especially the way SKY do, but it is true that several of my favourites riders since before SKY born are right now there, and I really believe, always with caution, SKy is clean, they got some advantage, but not for ilegal way, but anyway, his riders are really good, that could be amazing, but there are so many things amazings in life...

I don´t have any problem to put this on the clinic, I don't know really how the forum works or if are there any moderators who could do that, and I don´t know if there are post talking about credibility here, or surprisings about, but anyway this is a post about Froome cycling life, not just
credibility.

I said: I dont pretend convince anybody about anything, people is free to believe what they want, and I understand, but I thought was necessary becouse the possibility of Froome always clean is there. In my mind there are others riders, most of riders, who were doped in the past and now are clean, it is the time who changed, and the are some subjects to hold that, but anyway that is just my opinion.

Anyway, time will talks. Sooner or later, we will know the truth, Lance was quite sure about, but.. he is not having good days right now...with a lot of money earned, that he should give back, but if SKY is cheating, cycling wouldn't survive that, and Wiggo or Froome couldnt be well received in an Oprah interview and have an escuse like Lance. They will have to live in an isolated island

But my purpose with this is not to say cycling is clean, SKY is clean, just to say: Froome issue it is not so amazing how lot of people think, and he did not came from nowhere

(Sorry about my english)

jens_attacks said:
taxus that's some beautiful work but i hope you're getting paid to do that.

and i say it as a froomey big fan
For example, I see Rujano on your avatar.. I like him, I had the same picture as avatar in a forum, I put inside: RUJANEITOR, but I know he doped, not sure now, but he did, he asked Caisse the same treatment he had for his first Giro and Caisse said no. I know that becouse a Caisse rider told me. I know more things about him. I dont like that, but anyway I like his way to ride, and I could say I am a fan, but if he cheats again and someone shows it, and I quite sure other people are not doing that, I would finish been fan.

And sorry becouse this should be in the clinic

Taxus4a said:
But my purpose with this is not to say cycling is clean, SKY is clean, just to say: Froome issue it is not so amazing how lot of people think, and he did not came from nowhere

(Sorry about my english)
If you post your story in the clinic you might not come out alive. I warned you. :)

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=15100

Btw, it's a very good and detailed work, I commend you for that, but some clinic guys can make a case for similar riders at the beginning of their careers and they continue to be barely known.

Jelantik said:
More scientific would be that it is a South African thing,
I have a now deceased mate from SA who was dubbed
Wiz-dog by his mates over 50 years ago. (Wiz being an
abbreviation of his family name.)

The Hitch said:
Lo que te intentan a decir taxus es que en este sub- foro no se puede hablar sobre dopaje. Tienes que poner lo en otro sub-foro. "El clinic"

donde te comeran vivo ;)

I am not afraid of anybody, I will put there, but with my english could be difficult to answer and not to seem folish :D, that my only fear

En el foro que escribo los moderadores cambian las cosas no correctas, ¿quieres decir que aquí no es asi? me encantaría debatior con gente que ponga argumentos sobre la mesa, que yo sepa en este foro escribe Hrotha, no?si son todos asi se puede argumentar con él.

As well they could put things in my blog...

Taxus4a said:
I am not afraid of anybody, I will put there, but with my english could be difficult to answer and not to seem folish :D, that my only fear
no te preocupes con esto. Todos los que defienden a sky aqui son bobos entonces no seras differente;)
el foro que escribo los moderadores cambian las cosas no correctas, ¿quieres decir que aquí no es asi? me encantaría debatior con gente que ponga argumentos sobre la mesa, que yo sepa en este foro escribe Hrotha, no?si son todos asi se puede argumentar con él.

No vi el Hilo del dopaje en fdc pero si, aqui lo encontraras, aunque no todos son genios como hrotha.

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Taxus4a said:
Hello everybody!!

I would like to share with you this analisis of the path to become one of the best Tours contenders, trying to show that some of the things said about Froome are not true. It has been a long process that I hope someone will serve, and that at least I will have as a reference if anyone say emphatically certain things.
It's interesting to read all the links, most are in English, although I always write the remarkable issues. For the rest I hope the translator that appears on the page could be enough, but if someone asks me to translate the most important parts I could take into consideration

It is very long, so.. take it easy...the season is long. :):p

An unpolished diamond: la historia de Chris Froome

Thank you
Really good article, took me for a while to read it, but worth it.

TRENDING THREADS