• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 60 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 28 35.0%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 46 57.5%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 18 22.5%

• Total voters
Boeing said:
am I missing something with the link? It just has pictures?
rM97X.jpg

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
the sceptic said:
How fast do you think he will go? I bet faster than 2010, but not as fast as Armstrong at his best. 6.5w/kg maybe?

On Ax-3, only somewhere around 6.0w/kg or a little below I think, seeing as how it's early. On Ventoux or the Alpe on the other hand...8.6w/kg. :cool: :D

I jut hope we get through to Saturday with no more crashes or injuries. I think Froome is like a kid on Christmas Eve right now, he will explode the race on Saturday, really curious to see when and where he attacks from. And how likes of Contador and Rodriguez climb. I think Contador will definitely be a lot better than Dauphine, and he is undoubtedly a fighter, but not sure that will be enough. For Saturday, at least.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Afrank said:
On Ax-3, only somewhere around 6.0w/kg or a little below I think, seeing as how it's early. On Ventoux or the Alpe on the other hand...8.6w/kg. :cool: :D

A3D is a relatively short climb(<25 min), so it should be a little above 6.

Silence is eloquent. Total dominance by Sky must have everyone stunned, disappointed or thinking clinic thoughts. Who cares. I found last year's Tour boring even though I admired what Sky did. Froome is more exciting to watch than Wiggins except in the TT of course and there is not much to say about the stage that has not already been said by the commentators. Sky - 1. Rivals - 0.

TRENDING THREADS