• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 70 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 28 35.0%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 46 57.5%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 18 22.5%

• Total voters
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I was just reading about Miguel today and just remind what makes a champion. It is selfconfidence. Todays crash of Froome is just sign of lack of self confidence.

If you look back, Miguel just made advantage and then controlled the race, Froome has in fact no reason to follow Contador down the hill and Miguel would not follow, no reason... .

If Froome shall loose the Tour, it will be just result of lack of selfconfidence and too much effort to follow every attack.

Poursuivant said:
Yes you are right.

Froome looks super strong but I can see the some stages ahead where he will be completely isolated, early on too. The three stages after the TT are humongous. Sky could be dropped early on, on all of them, Froome will have to play it smart.
I agree of course, but if there is a minor spat between Movistar
and Saxo after today's stage that will certainly help SKY a bit...
and every little bit helps.

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Why riders tweet all this bull****? The world couldn't see the crash there is just one witness that man standing by the three who i'm sure **** his pants when froome aproached.

Note to other riders, do not take any actions that, directly or indirectly, could lead to me and or any persons or riders in my immediate vicinity, including without limitations any persons wearing Team Sky kit, from unclipping, falling, diverting my, their or our line, causes us to pedal harder than we wish to pedal or otherwise results in me, them or us finishing at a time deficit to one or more of the current riders in the peloton that I lead by 4' or more, lest I send a semi-nasty tweet verbally upbraiding you to my and your followers and/or say that you are not nice during my interviews. You have been warned.

--Froome Overlord. :p

What a wimp. Should have just chalked it up to racing (sh*t happens) and left it at that.

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
postmanhat said:
Thought he was being a bit ****ty in his reaction to the incident on the road. Though Alberto was more than happy to continue the showboating towards the end

Am sure they both know the 1-2 is between them. Just some opening salvoes?

Showboating? he just crashed on a descent, what skill of his was he showboating?

TRENDING THREADS