• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 676 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 42 56.8%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 17 23.0%

• Total voters
I'm pretty sure he just rode straight to the finish after he was done working. Nothing weird about that really, so it's a bit of a cheap shot.
No, not weird at all for a domestique. It's pretty weird for a guy who keeps talking up how his form is coming back and whose fans claim he works harder than anyone else. The bar for Froome is GT winner. His history and his contract set that bar. His talk sets that bar. It's probably also fair to say the season is about over and he's not trying to gain form anymore.

He should probably just talk less and ride more.

Reactions: Ripper and SHAD0W93
No, not weird at all for a domestique. It's pretty weird for a guy who keeps talking up how his form is coming back and whose fans claim he works harder than anyone else. The bar for Froome is GT winner. His history and his contract set that bar. His talk sets that bar. It's probably also fair to say the season is about over and he's not trying to gain form anymore.

He should probably just talk less and ride more.

Or maybe you should just stop listening. I'm not defending what h's saying, but going on and on about how he should be better or that he's a jerk or whatever all year just seems a bit redundant to me. Of course he's never going to win a GT again now.
It was funny for a while, but now it just seems sad that some people are stuck on repeat.

In the end it's not his fault that ISN offered him too much money, but he would have been a fool if he had turned them down.

Reactions: Bolder
Or maybe you should just stop listening. I'm not defending what h's saying, but going on and on about how he should be better or that he's a jerk or whatever all year just seems a bit redundant to me. Of course he's never going to win a GT again now.
Yes, it's totally my fault for not being able to avoid the posts from Froome and his fans trumpeting his latest return to form. I'll just stop following all cycling media. Thanks! :D

Yes, it's totally my fault for not being able to avoid the posts from Froome and his fans trumpeting his latest return to form. I'll just stop following all cycling media. Thanks! :D

Well it hasn't been hard for me to avoid Froome related stuf, but I haven't been looking for them either.
His fans might be trumpeting, I don't know, but his performance yesterday was at least among the best things we've seen from him this year, though the bar has obviously been set quite low.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
Well it hasn't been hard for me to avoid Froome related stuf, but I haven't looking been for them either.
His fans might be trumpeting, I don't know, but his performance yesterday was at least among the best things we've seen from him this year, though the bar has obviously been set quite low.
Froome got an award for the nicest and most polite rider at the tdf. I think Samu should get an award for the nicest and most polite forum member.

Another DNF. Way to go Chris.
Well you did ask earlier whether this would be ending the season feeling good. I think Chris' answer to that is a resounding yes! As in "I feel good, I'm making lots of good cash, and I get to end races early without having to work as hard for as long ... life is good".

Who knows if we will be treated to another off-season and a season next year of how he's making progress and seeing improvements, while no one else is :p

TRENDING THREADS