• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 746 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 28 35.0%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 46 57.5%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 18 22.5%

• Total voters
I would have liked to have seen him do the time trial just to see his power numbers. As others have mentioned, by far his best race and the first time in three years he looked as though he actually deserved to be in the pro peloton.

I look forward to see if he can continue to improve at the Vuelta.
I talked yesterday with the team and the hope so. He is now negative in Covid and he is training well. He want to do La Vuelta thinking in GC more than lose time some days to try an stage. The team think that if he can come back to his previous level, the current rivales in cycling is not realkly a peoblem. IMO that is true in part..It is difficukt to see hin come back to his best level..maybe very close...and today rivals as Pogacar or Vingegaard are better than Contador...but anyway if he can progress a little bit more everything is possible. He need good weather...better as hot as this Tour anyway...but he has made an important peogress since he said he was free of physical problems..now is just training and make progress. And I Hope the team support him at the Vuelta to try a top ten.

Last edited:
Beware the African Christopher Clive Froome at the upcoming Vuelta.
He has been training while fighting through Covid 19.
Remember when Sir Dave Brailsford said training with bilharzia gave Froome a huge advantage over his rivals?
Because once cured it was like taking the handbrake off, thrusting the Kenyan to the front of the peloton.
You have been warned.
The ol’ my disease is better then your disease.

Beware the African Christopher Clive Froome at the upcoming Vuelta.
He has been training while fighting through Covid 19.
Remember when Sir Dave Brailsford said training with bilharzia gave Froome a huge advantage over his rivals?
Because once cured it was like taking the handbrake off, thrusting the Kenyan to the front of the peloton.
You have been warned.
Bikharzia is the oposite to the EPO..and coronavirus no synthomatic is like nothing...so It has no sense.

Some words from Christopher Clive Froome before he tackles the 2022 Vuelta.

"Covid hit me harder than expected, but I’m fully recovered now and back to my normal training load.

"It wasn’t quite the buildup to the Vuelta that I had hoped for this year, but I’m still very much looking forward to making the most of the race and helping Israel-Premier Tech get another successful Grand Tour in the bag."

"Covid hit me harder than expected, but I’m fully recovered now and back to my normal training load.

"It wasn’t quite the buildup to the Vuelta that I had hoped for this year, but I’m still very much looking forward to making the most of the race and helping Israel-Premier Tech get another successful Grand Tour in the bag."
Textbook expectation lowering. Not sure he knows that expectations are already low

Sad yo heard he had problems with Covid...I thought he was assintomathic...But anyway on 2 August he was at least for sure negative and training. The job was done before, so I hope he is on good shape.

TRENDING THREADS