• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 750 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 28 35.0%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 46 57.5%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 18 22.5%

• Total voters
This is the week we discover if Chris Froome finds those "good feelin

Confessed last night at LaSqualoTV to Nibali, Pozzo and a guy named Lello that he has zero shape or form in this Vuelta. To the astonishment of the others, Froome informed them that he indeed has a contract for next year and he is riding this race to build for next season.

Confessed last night at LaSqualoTV to Nibali, Pozzo and a guy named Lello that he has zero shape or form in this Vuelta. To the astonishment of the others, Froome informed them that he indeed has a contract for next year and he is riding this race to build for next season.
I'd be interested in knowing if Nibs was able to keep a straight face when offered this explanation.

Reactions: Koronin
Froome has posted his sleeping heart rate while he was infected with Covid.
He has pointed out how higher it was than during his nighttime recovery from the Alpe d'Huez stage.
Chris is obviously using Covid as an excuse for his poor performance at this year's Vuelta.
If he was weakened by the virus then why did he ride a three-week Grand Tour?
Did Sylvan Adams (team owner) put a gun to his head?
Why did he take a spot on the team at another rider's expense when not fit to compete?
Will his Covid infection become the new bilharzia?
Or did Covid have no impact whatsoever and the truth is Froome is as good as he will ever be.
We watch and wait........

He has pointed out how higher it was than during his nighttime recovery from the Alpe d'Huez stage.
Chris is obviously using Covid as an excuse for his poor performance at this year's Vuelta.
Why did he take a spot on the team at another rider's expense when not fit to compete?
Or did Covid have no impact whatsoever and the truth is Froome is as good as he will ever be.
You asked so, no, no, no and no.

If Froome is as good here as he was at the TDF then there is no point in Pogacar and Vingegaard doing the TDF next year if Evenepoel, Mas, Ayuso etc do the Tour as they will get beaten by over an hour.

C'mon Chris, really. "I'm happy to have been here at the Vuelta, to get another Grand Tour in the legs. I think it's going to help me going forward and start next season fresh with new energy, new motivation."

Sadly, you no longer have the energy and certainly do not have the power once the speed increases, particularly in the climbs, which were once your forte.

However, I do admire your work ethic and commitment to this tough, demanding time-intensive and often lonely sport.

Best wishes.

Reactions: FroomeWagon
Could this be the last hoorah for Froome? It sounds as if IPT is relegated (which they will be unless the UCI decides to change the rules and allow for 20 teams), they might just leave the sport all together.

Likewise, I would think the idea of the owner of IPT starting his own "TDF" to compete against ASO's has a 0.0000001% chance of succeeding. Especially within the next 5 years. Furthermore, I also would think that Adams threatening ASO as he does in the article means a 0% chance of IPT being invited to next years TDF as a wildcard.

https://www.cyclingnews.com/features/sylvan-adams-worldtour-relegation-is-destructive-to-the-sport/

Reactions: red_flanders