• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 751 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 42 56.0%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 18 24.0%

• Total voters
Could this be the last hoorah for Froome? It sounds as if IPT is relegated (which they will be unless the UCI decides to change the rules and allow for 20 teams), they might just leave the sport all together.

Likewise, I would think the idea of the owner of IPT starting his own "TDF" to compete against ASO's has a 0.0000001% chance of succeeding. Especially within the next 5 years. Furthermore, I also would think that Adams threatening ASO as he does in the article means a 0% chance of IPT being invited to next years TDF as a wildcard.

https://www.cyclingnews.com/features/sylvan-adams-worldtour-relegation-is-destructive-to-the-sport/
Lots of griping about the system from the owner in that article. Was he complaining about this before his team was in danger of relegation? Was he not aware of the rules when he invested? When his team signed riders? All this is for the UCI to fix?

If they allow 20 teams, then you have many more riders in the field for every WT race, since WT teams are guaranteed, right? Is that good? Is that safe?

Sounds like a bunch of whining to me. But I'm not surprised at bad management from a team which has made the decisions this one has. Am I wrong?

What's worse is that unlike Wiggo
he hasn't been invited to Lance's Podcast party on Majorca
LANCE-kwDB-U450366107966g3-528x329@Gazzetta-Web_528x329.jpg

Last edited:
LATEST VO2 MAX NUMBERS!

News Flash : Chris Froome has revealed his current VO2 Max in his latest youtube video.

The results make for devastating reading for Froome fans still dreaming of Tour de France dominance.

To summerise : Peak 2015 Froome = 89.5. Peak 2022 Froome = 75.0.

Chris undertook the test, remarkably claiming the last time he undertook one was in 2015's much-publicised examination by GSK Human Performance Lab.

The GSK VO2 Max test in 2015 at a 70 kilo Froome = 84.4.

When his lowest-known race weight for that year was factored in (66 kilos at the Dauphine) this gave a remarkable score of 89.5.

In his current post-season condition Froome's VO2 Max was a miserable 72.1 and when calculated for his current ideal race-weight it converted to 75.0.

That 75.0 is the absolute maximum Chris Froome can reach after shedding weight and getting himself in peak condition for the 2023 season, which is absolutely miles off his former numbers.

Oh yeah, talking of Froome's "numbers" do you remember when he first signed for Israel and their PR spin was that they were as good as ever?

Total garbage and I can't believe Chris put this video out.

I suspect TonyMikeJoe is obsessed with Froome - These posts add little value to this thread.
This is nonsense. Froome is a rider with contract for next Season. The test values are a good indications to what can be expected from him next season. It’s highly relevant for this thread.
These numbers proving Froomes huge decline does bring value to this thread.

LATEST VO2 MAX NUMBERS!

News Flash : Chris Froome has revealed his current VO2 Max in his latest youtube video.

The results make for devastating reading for Froome fans still dreaming of Tour de France dominance.

Chris undertook the test, remarkably claiming the last time he undertook one was in 2015's much-publicised examination by GSK Human Performance Lab.

When his lowest-known race weight for that year was factored in (66 kilos at the Dauphine) this gave a remarkable score of 89.5.

In his current post-season condition Froome's VO2 Max was a miserable 72.1 and when calculated for his current ideal race-weight it converted to 75.0.

That 75.0 is the absolute maximum Chris Froome can reach after shedding weight and getting himself in peak condition for the 2023 season, which is absolutely miles off his former numbers.

Oh yeah, talking of Froome's "numbers" do you remember when he first signed for Israel and their PR spin was that they were as good as ever?

Maybe he will not anymore have a vo2 max of 88, but it can be more than 75 because he almost didn't train since la vuelta. So he can reache probably a vo2 max of around 80.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
LATEST VO2 MAX NUMBERS!

I don't know why anyone would take any number Froome throws out there seriously. The guy has been full of it constantly for 11 years now. Nothing can be gleaned from this except identifying the credulous.

This is nonsense. Froome is a rider with contract for next Season. The test values are a good indications to what can be expected from him next season. It’s highly relevant for this thread.
These numbers proving Froomes huge decline does bring value to this thread.

I am referring to a number of posts ! I've made my thoughts about Froome's situation in one or two posts in the last 12 to 18 months - I don't need to make a running commentary.

I am referring to a number of posts ! I've made my thoughts about Froome's situation in one or two posts in the last 12 to 18 months - I don't need to make a running commentary.
Good for you.
Most of us appreciate that people are posting relevant news about riders in their rider thread. This thread is used for discussing the cyclist Chris Froome. Chris Froome releasing lab data is highly relevant for this thread.

TRENDING THREADS