• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 42 56.8%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 17 23.0%

• Total voters
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't think he has a thread yet. He deserves one, I like how he rides.

And he made fun of Wiggins in the tour, how can you not like him for that? lol

He attacks when he can. And not an ***.

Anyway great rider and IMO the guy who is going to be the biggest challenge for Contador in the future GT's.

And he has a cute girlfriend, she doesn't know when to be quiet, still very nice :D

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Rethinking about today and yesterday, he pulled yesterday to gap Uran (avoiding any doubt about his leadership) and Uran repay him today dropping early.

He clearly held back uphill in the Tour.
Now he is unshackled. Great to see. Yet seems Contador is just a shade better and Contador is not peaking yet.

Will be interesting in the Tour next year. I think Froome can actually challenge now. I'm pretty sure Wiggo won't handle the comeback of Contadors tempo changes well...

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
He'll wait for the TT to set the bar, he's just playing it safe for now. He's not the explosive climber he tried last year and still lost to Cobo so its still happening this year, at least he's consistent. He's still a safe distance time wise from the leaders especially considering the TT gaps he can set.

I love how Froome seem so be a little tired from a long season, and Contador seems to be a little under "race-trained" I expect massive battles next year!

He does somehow remind me a little of Ulrich... i know its not the same style or anything, but im kinda expecting Froome to be the new 2nd place rider, the one that would have won everything if it wasent for that one other rider..

Alpehue said:
I love how Froome seem so be a little tired from a long season, and Contador seems to be a little under "race-trained" I expect massive battles next year!
Actually Froome raced a week in the spring, Dauphine, Tour and Olympics ~35 race days, so shouldn't be that tired as everyone is saying but isn't at 100% imo as the gap between the Tour/Olympics and the Vuelta is small.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I like Froome because he doesn't follow the Sky/Wiggins way of winning races, he will let his team ride a hard pace up the climb but will also actually attack his GC rivals. Hope Sky doesn't make him play domestique to Wiggo next year.

Miburo said:
And he made fun of Wiggins in the tour, how can you not like him for that? lol

:D That's reason enough for me to like him.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I like Froome as a guy who alongside with Andy possibly one day will be able to personify an outstanding climbing content of this beautiful sport!

The Hitch said:
The second one is, since all the "discussion threads" you see now, started off as appreciation threads until 1 mod changed them for some reason. But plenty like the froome thread escaped his view.

is that what our relationship has come too? i don't even have a name anymore. . . . just a nameless mod :( :p

as for froome. . . . i am not a fan but i still would take him any day over wiggins as at least he attacks

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Parrulo said:
is that what our relationship has come too? i don't even have a name anymore. . . . just a nameless mod :( :p

as for froome. . . . i am not a fan but i still would take him any day over wiggins as at least he attacks

Seriously is there someone who likes Wiggins in this forum? lol

Anyway I hope for him he doesn't become the next poulidor/ullrich/Schleck but it seems to go that way. Already 2 times 2nd and now Contador is back.

Should be interesting to see.

TRENDING THREADS