• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Circuit Cycliste Sarthe

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Kazistuta said:
And why was Popo and Morabito mentioned??? Well, I know why you mentioned the latter.....;)

I would suppose Vaugrenard, Dumoulin, Modolo and even up-and-coming Marko Kump deserved more mentioning..... Well, thanks for the links anyway:rolleyes:

Edited, you happy?

Extremely happy...in fact I think I might love you! XOXOX

I know your main incentive wasn't to name a lot of favorites, but just the ones that popped into your head when looking at the start list - just thought there was some more deserving riders worth peoples interest:cool:

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
The apparently-unmentionable one may as well be high on the Circuit de Sarthe list of those to animate the race: he just finished Flanders in a group with Hincapie, Devolder, Flecha, Hammond, Millar, Farrar, etc. - all riders on form looking to place. Since most of the heavy hitters are at Pais Vasco this week, he's bound to do something at Circuit de Sarthe.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
LLS will win overall in the time trial. CDe have a strong enough team to control the race as well. LA won't be able to match LLS in the short tt.

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
What kind of race is it? A flat stage race or rather hilly? In other words, should I care about it? Never followed it before I believe :s

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Publicus said:
Armstrong wins relatively easily. Popo is still completely out of shape.

Except Machado will be there as well :p
So he won't even be the best placed RS guy, likely.

My vote for the GC is on Sánchez

Nice win for him, I guess.... Why isn't he in the Basque Tour though?

Valverde looked strong yesterday, but was also isolated and didn't have much help when the going got tough. Valverde managed fine yesterday, but can he chase down Rodriguez, Gesink, Horner, Schlecks for 4 more days and then out TT them all? Doubt it. The Valverde-Sanchez doubleheaded monster would be tough to beat, secondly it would be better prep for the Ardenne i think.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
1/ L.-L. SANCHEZ (33 - Caisse d'Epargne), 2/ M. KUMP (133 - Adria Mobil), 3/ A. RAVARD (15 - AG2R La Mondiale), 4/ S. CHAVANEL (21 - Française des Jeux), 5/ F. BACQUET (101 - Big Mat Auber 93), 6/ M. BELLETTI (121 - Colnago CSF Inox)

Moondance said:
Nice win for him, I guess.... Why isn't he in the Basque Tour though?

Valverde looked strong yesterday, but was also isolated and didn't have much help when the going got tough. Valverde managed fine yesterday, but can he chase down Rodriguez, Gesink, Horner, Schlecks for 4 more days and then out TT them all? Doubt it. The Valverde-Sanchez doubleheaded monster would be tough to beat, secondly it would be better prep for the Ardenne i think.
Don't know if L.L. Sanchez would be much use to Valverde. As we've seen in Paris-Nice, they don't really work together, they're just on the same team. And last year L.L. Sanchez didn't look too good on the same climb which is also in this year's edition, the final of stage 4. Neither did Rodriguez, by the way.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
did anyone come across a profile map for any of the stages ? i did some looking around and found nothing even on the races site :mad:

TRENDING THREADS