• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Clásica San Sebastián - 2 August 2014

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Cance > TheRest said:
Strongest rider won - no reason to complain. Good ride by Zubeldia aswell - or am I mistaking the guy who was 6th?

After witnessing valverde ride for almost 10 years i've every right to complain when this man wins.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm happy with Purito's performance. He reached the podium of a WT classic after a horrible Tour. In the end i look at the Vuelta, that's more important.

Hats off to Valverde, the strongest today. Nice win.

The closing stages were exciting, there can be no doubting that. And the run-in is much more attractive than the old one, actually using the best scenery of Donostia as well.

It's just that it's really made a mess of what the race was. They may as well give up on Jaizkibel entirely and put all the final set of climbs in that area to the West of Donostia to try and chain a few together and not make it a single climb race. The change is more or less exactly as per Lombardia and has had a similar effect on the racing, only at least this time it wasn't all over with a single attack on the climb. It was a race all about the last 10km and no more.

TRENDING THREADS