Clasica San Sebastián 30/7 - 220.2 km

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

HelloDolly said:
Valv.Piti said:
Lol, thats some of the most ridiculous **** I've seen here in a while Dolly.
Its my opinion and what is more i am entitled to it ..without you calling it ridiculous ****..so if you don't like it pi** off ...you say some sh** yourself

And what si more Purito is a pragmatist and will be interviewing Valverde next year ...
Its nonsense, Dolly. Complete nonsense. Should be awarded for the most funny post of the year
 
Even with regards to Florence, there isn't much to forget. Valverde may have not even tried to follow Costa, but he looked toasted and I'm convinced he was. Just as he said and looked.
 
Re:

BigMac said:
Even with regards to Florence, there isn't much to forget. Valverde may have not even tried to follow Costa, but he looked toasted and I'm convinced he was. Just as he said and looked.
In which case Purito should never had attacked; that basically handed Costa the victory. He tried to go for glory himself, and messed it up for both him and Valverde in the process.

It took a long time for Valverde to get over being stitched up like that - but I think they buried the hatched over a year ago. United in their dislike of Contador :D
 
Re: Re:

DFA123 said:
BigMac said:
Even with regards to Florence, there isn't much to forget. Valverde may have not even tried to follow Costa, but he looked toasted and I'm convinced he was. Just as he said and looked.
In which case Purito should never had attacked; that basically handed Costa the victory. He tried to go for glory himself, and messed it up for both him and Valverde in the process.

It took a long time for Valverde to get over being stitched up like that - but I think they buried the hatched over a year ago. United in their dislike of Contador :D
How much of that is said jokingly and how much is true?
 
Aug 16, 2013
7,619
0
0
Re: Re:

DFA123 said:
BigMac said:
Even with regards to Florence, there isn't much to forget. Valverde may have not even tried to follow Costa, but he looked toasted and I'm convinced he was. Just as he said and looked.
In which case Purito should never had attacked; that basically handed Costa the victory. He tried to go for glory himself, and messed it up for both him and Valverde in the process.

It took a long time for Valverde to get over being stitched up like that - but I think they buried the hatched over a year ago. United in their dislike of Contador :D
But that's simply not true. Valverde 'demanded' Purito to attack a second time after he was caught after on Via Salviati. Or he gave the green light. In that case, you HAVE to react on every attack. But he didn't.

It was a major mistake from Valverde. Not by anyone else.
 
Re: Re:

Arredondo said:
DFA123 said:
BigMac said:
Even with regards to Florence, there isn't much to forget. Valverde may have not even tried to follow Costa, but he looked toasted and I'm convinced he was. Just as he said and looked.
In which case Purito should never had attacked; that basically handed Costa the victory. He tried to go for glory himself, and messed it up for both him and Valverde in the process.

It took a long time for Valverde to get over being stitched up like that - but I think they buried the hatched over a year ago. United in their dislike of Contador :D
But that's simply not true. Valverde 'demanded' Purito to attack a second time after he was caught after on Via Salviati. Or he gave the green light. In that case, you HAVE to react on every attack. But he didn't.

It was a major mistake from Valverde. Not by anyone else.
That's one side of the story - Purito's. It's not the whole story though. If you have by far the best sprinter, then you sit and wait and make the other guy attack first - if not, you win the sprint. What you don't do is burn the legs off the best sprinter in any way. It's the same mistake Etixx famously made at Omloop by burning Boonen before the finish - again that was probably motivated by other riders wanting their own personal glory instead of riding for the team.
 
Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
DFA123 said:
BigMac said:
Even with regards to Florence, there isn't much to forget. Valverde may have not even tried to follow Costa, but he looked toasted and I'm convinced he was. Just as he said and looked.
In which case Purito should never had attacked; that basically handed Costa the victory. He tried to go for glory himself, and messed it up for both him and Valverde in the process.

It took a long time for Valverde to get over being stitched up like that - but I think they buried the hatched over a year ago. United in their dislike of Contador :D
How much of that is said jokingly and how much is true?
I don't think they really hate him, but Contador has always been a bit of an outsider in the Spanish cycling scene, a bit aloof. Valverde and Purito have always been much closer, even when they've had their moments.
 
Re: Re:

DFA123 said:
Arredondo said:
DFA123 said:
BigMac said:
Even with regards to Florence, there isn't much to forget. Valverde may have not even tried to follow Costa, but he looked toasted and I'm convinced he was. Just as he said and looked.
In which case Purito should never had attacked; that basically handed Costa the victory. He tried to go for glory himself, and messed it up for both him and Valverde in the process.

It took a long time for Valverde to get over being stitched up like that - but I think they buried the hatched over a year ago. United in their dislike of Contador :D
But that's simply not true. Valverde 'demanded' Purito to attack a second time after he was caught after on Via Salviati. Or he gave the green light. In that case, you HAVE to react on every attack. But he didn't.

It was a major mistake from Valverde. Not by anyone else.
That's one side of the story - Purito's. It's not the whole story though. If you have by far the best sprinter, then you sit and wait and make the other guy attack first - if not, you win the sprint. What you don't do is burn the legs off the best sprinter in any way. It's the same mistake Etixx famously made at Omloop by burning Boonen before the finish - again that was probably motivated by other riders wanting their own personal glory instead of riding for the team.
Valverde wasn't burned. All Valverde had to do was follow the wheels, while Purito forced his rivals to work.
Perfect tactics, but Valverde simply didn't/couldn't follow Costa when he had to.
No way in hell it was Puritos fault. He did a really amazing job. Had Valverde jumped on Costas wheel then Purito wouldve been WC and if Costa did close the gap then Valverde would've sprinted for the win.
 
Mar 13, 2015
2,637
0
0
Re: Re:

DFA123 said:
Valv.Piti said:
DFA123 said:
BigMac said:
Even with regards to Florence, there isn't much to forget. Valverde may have not even tried to follow Costa, but he looked toasted and I'm convinced he was. Just as he said and looked.
In which case Purito should never had attacked; that basically handed Costa the victory. He tried to go for glory himself, and messed it up for both him and Valverde in the process.

It took a long time for Valverde to get over being stitched up like that - but I think they buried the hatched over a year ago. United in their dislike of Contador :D
How much of that is said jokingly and how much is true?
I don't think they really hate him, but Contador has always been a bit of an outsider in the Spanish cycling scene, a bit aloof. Valverde and Purito have always been much closer, even when they've had their moments.
Well Contador said couple of times recently that "Alejandro is a friend". Don't know about his relationship with Purito though...
 
Feb 20, 2016
242
0
0
Re:

Billie said:
There is more than just that picture. Many say that they haven't been friends since Purito left for Katusha or since Florence but they all are wrong. During TdF they were often seen drinking a coffee together in village depart.

Considering the outrage here against Gallopin for helping Thomas cause he liked him, there is little appreciation for the fact they they stay true rivals on the road despite their personal friendship.

That is Ole Einar Bjorndalen there to the left, didn't know he was in Katusha though?
 
Jul 16, 2010
17,463
0
0
Re: Re:

Mr.White said:
DFA123 said:
Valv.Piti said:
DFA123 said:
BigMac said:
Even with regards to Florence, there isn't much to forget. Valverde may have not even tried to follow Costa, but he looked toasted and I'm convinced he was. Just as he said and looked.
In which case Purito should never had attacked; that basically handed Costa the victory. He tried to go for glory himself, and messed it up for both him and Valverde in the process.

It took a long time for Valverde to get over being stitched up like that - but I think they buried the hatched over a year ago. United in their dislike of Contador :D
How much of that is said jokingly and how much is true?
I don't think they really hate him, but Contador has always been a bit of an outsider in the Spanish cycling scene, a bit aloof. Valverde and Purito have always been much closer, even when they've had their moments.
Well Contador said couple of times recently that "Alejandro is a friend". Don't know about his relationship with Purito though...
Contador is like a politician in his interviews, he just says what he knows you want to hear or remains vague on purpose. No love is lost between them.
 
Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
HelloDolly said:
Valv.Piti said:
Lol, thats some of the most ridiculous **** I've seen here in a while Dolly.
Its my opinion and what is more i am entitled to it ..without you calling it ridiculous ****..so if you don't like it pi** off ...you say some sh** yourself

And what si more Purito is a pragmatist and will be interviewing Valverde next year ...

Its nonsense, Dolly. Complete nonsense. Should be awarded for the most funny post of the year
we will have to wait for their memoirs but I am telling you now that Purito the pragmatist smiles and is even charmed by Valverde's nice personality but deep down there is no love lost ...you will see one day

(BTW the thing about the psychologist and photos is correct...body language never lies and its Mr Dolly to you :D :D )
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Valv.Piti Professional Road Racing 176

ASK THE COMMUNITY