• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Classic and Sloping Frame Equivalence

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if there is a thread for this but I'm willing to get a new bike, a Kuota Kharma 2011 and it has 4 cm sloping. I usually ride a 56 frame size. What would be the equivalent size for a frame with sloping? Knowing that I have a height of 180 cm and Inseam around 84 cm i think.

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
nobilis said:
I don't know if there is a thread for this but I'm willing to get a new bike, a Kuota Kharma 2011 and it has 4 cm sloping. I usually ride a 56 frame size. What would be the equivalent size for a frame with sloping? Knowing that I have a height of 180 cm and Inseam around 84 cm i think.

You need to look for the "effective top tube length" in the geometry blurb for the bike you're considering. That will give you the number you need. Of course, this has got very little to do with your inseam measurements.

I may be wrong, but it seems that most manufacturers take into account the sloping top tube when the size their bikes.

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I have both classic and sloping frames I am 188cm and 85 kg with sloping I now have the extended seat tube and note a lot stiffer frame altogether but before you need to be sure it fits all other things such as car boot etc

I feel the carbon excessive sloping frame are weak at the seatpost area for a big rider.
be sure to check the top tube lengh as if the top tube was level it will be a lot longer than the sloping measurment at the tube . Measure from centre of seat post to centre of fork steerer as though it was level for better idea.

TRENDING THREADS