• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Classic Brugge-De Panne - 2X One-Day Race(s). Men's 22/3, Women's 23/3

Once upon a time, the men had a stage race called "Three Days of De Panne", which - as the name implies - was three days. However, in 2018 they had to cut it down to just one day, so they decided to take the logical course of action regarding the name and... just keep it. They just added a women's race, and - I think - also an amateur race, in order to maintain the "Three days" bit.
Finally, in 2021 they learned how to count, and removed the "Three days" bit.

Men's Start List

Classic Brugge-De Panne (1.UWT) - Brugge › De Panne (211km)

oxyclean-classic-brugge-de-panne-2023-result-profile-31a01070ef.jpg

oxyclean-classic-brugge-de-panne-2023-result-map-f760206330.jpg

Women's Start List

Classic Brugge-De Panne WE (1.WWT) - Brugge›De Panne(163.1km)

exterioo-classic-brugge-de-panne-we-2023-result-profile-1482306b56.jpg

exterioo-classic-brugge-de-panne-we-2023-result-map-0090a76575.jpg

Finish profile is obviously the same for both races:

exterioo-classic-brugge-de-panne-we-2023-result-finish-f1ea48d25f.png

Random fact: There will be a married couple riding for the same orginisation.

Last edited:
Once upon a time, the men had a stage race called "Three Days of De Panne", which - as the name implies - was three days. However, in 2018 they had to cut it down to just one day, so they decided to take the logical course of action regarding the name and... just keep it. They just added a women's race, and - I think - also an amateur race, in order to maintain the "Three days" bit.

Men's Start List

Women's Start List

Finish profile is obviously the same for both races:

exterioo-classic-brugge-de-panne-we-2023-result-finish-f1ea48d25f.png

Random fact: There will be a married couple riding for the same orginisation.

But they don't have the Driedaagse in the name anymore.

Ackermann promised that Molano is going to be the leader in De Panne according to Wielerflits!
just rewatched that Ackermann interview from Friday they probably are referring to, and I wouldn't think it's that clear:

"Molano was f*cking strong today, and I'm really, really happy to have him in the team. I'm looking forward to race together with him again. And next time I will do a leadout for him again."

So literally speaking "next time" is today, but it could also be meant as a more general, "another time". He also says "again", although he probably has never done a leadout before in his life ;)

In the end, I guess the road will decide anyway. UAE can be happy if one of them survives the crosswinds.

just rewatched that Ackermann interview from Friday they probably are referring to, and I wouldn't think it's that clear:

"Molano was f*cking strong today, and I'm really, really happy to have him in the team. I'm looking forward to race together with him again. And next time I will do a leadout for him again."

So literally speaking "next time" is today, but it could also be meant as a more general, "another time". He also says "again", although he probably has never done a leadout before in his life ;)

In the end, I guess the road will decide anyway. UAE can be happy if one of them survives the crosswinds.
Yes, I also think it's decided by how De Moeren impacts the race eventually.

molano is very strong at riding in the wind. he is also often in the right group when there is a split. as in Denain. in Uae tour he was also 2x in good echelon

TRENDING THREADS