Classic Racing Pics

Page 32 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I just stumbled over this. Too much to post the pictures directly, but lots of nice shots of races 100 years ago, including the first Tour de France, and cool pictures of other sports too.

The guy with the big smile on his face is apparently Maurice Garin.

May 6, 2009
Was it Andy Hampsten who said in Colombia that you couldn't go quickly on the descents in Colombia because there was often oil on the road from cars/trucks, and if you go too quickly, you will die? If it wasn't Hampsten, it was certainly a North American cyclist who raced in a similar time frame as to what Hampsten did.

Libertine Seguros said:
All of a sudden generations of Colombians who've soared like eagles on the climb and then descended with the grace of André the Giant in a clown car makes total sense.
Go google Yungas Road in La Paz, Bolivia :eek:

May 6, 2009
I would hate to have to take the inside corner if I was climbing the mountain instead of descending it.

Jun 16, 2009
Another Giro Pic

This photo is awesome not jus because it is Cadel but the angle and his bike are with the ground. There is a better shot of this same shot which shows him even closer to the ground.

Feb 25, 2010
auscyclefan94 said:
Another Giro Pic

This photo is awesome not jus because it is Cadel but the angle and his bike are with the ground. There is a better shot of this same shot which shows him even closer to the ground.
I remember this, I was so amazed he didn't fall off his bike in that corner :eek: amazing piece of bike handling that was!

ASK THE COMMUNITY