• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Clean teams in the current peloton.

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Clean teams in the peloton?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
The Chicken said:
Is this a joke? Where is the 'none' option?

Yes!! Just reading all the reactions to USADA's report. It's getting easier to see who the bad guys are. O'Grady was shocked by US Postal scandal....Please!!!!!! No word from teams as such. None expressing their outrage. Makes one think they are all in it up to thier necks.

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Looking for clean teams? Better exclude these:

In the spotlight are 20 teams in four seasons between 2008 and 2011: Liquigas, Lampre, Colnago, Geox, Androni, Katusha, Quick Step, Farnese Vini, Acqua & Sapone, Astana, RadioShack, Vacansoleil, Isd, Csf, LPR, Diquigiovanni, Tinkoff, Rabobank, Gerolsteiner and Milram. The prosecution has made all these contracts brokers for comparison with those deposited in the ICU and quantify evasion money.

Article about the "Ferrari system":
http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=56487 (Spanish)

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Voted other, because there was no "none of the above" option (that's odd selection for a list of potential "clean teams", tbh), and because I'm sure there is an actual clean team out there, maybe at the (pro)continental level.

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
BTW, just remembered this AM - Ochowicz is managing BMC. I still include BMC in my vote for a clean team - imo, most of the riders there DID dope, but don't for that past couple/few years. But, funny thing, Ochowicz, imo, raises my radar more than anything else there. Just a feeling, you know? Based on issues here and there. And a sad tale, to tell the truth, because he was part of my generation helping to make cycling happen in big time in the US of A.

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
lol that is about evading tax money, not doping :rolleyes:

True.

Nevertheless relevant, as long as you state that this behaviour is not clean. And when everything is about the money, and only about the money, and rules are for weaklings and cowards, then this tax fraud is the motor behind doping, I think. Fueled by greed, full stop.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Have opinions changed from last year?

Considering that a clean team, doesn't mean every rider is clean only the team doesn't facilitate doping. Equally a dirty team may have clean riders. Which teams are clean? Have any leopards changed their spots? pun intended.

Looking more at performances than history/personell etc here is my list, and some of these have changed since last year.

Clean, doping riders the exception
FDJ, Garmin, Greenedge, Radioshack, Euskaltel, Blanco, Vacansoliel, Argos, Lotto.

Dirty, non doping riders the exception
Saxo, Movistar, Sky, Katusha, Astana, BMC

I've no idea
Cannondale, apart from Sagan, noone really jumps out. I think Basso did in 2010, but didn't in 09 nor after, there was quite the spike in performance that year and his data is absent from his website for 2010.

Have I really missed the mark on any? If so why. As I said I based this on performance more than anything else. For example gesink...is he just the best clean guy going around?

karlboss said:
Have opinions changed from last year?

Considering that a clean team, doesn't mean every rider is clean only the team doesn't facilitate doping. Equally a dirty team may have clean riders. Which teams are clean? Have any leopards changed their spots? pun intended.

Cancellara is a cheetah this year. Last year, not so much. Even Schlecklette is beginning to perform.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Cancellara is a cheetah this year. Last year, not so much. Even Schlecklette is beginning to perform.

Schlecklette is beginning to perform? Well if getting dropped at ToC vs best climber at the tour is beginning to perform, ok.
Cancellara was good, but I don't think his best. Even so, the majority of the team?

I'll guess you disagree with that pick, what about the others?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
spalco said:
I have no trust in Vacansoleil, Blanco and Radioshack. Teams looking for a sponsor and riders on teams that are about to fold often turn out to be tremendously dirty.

However doping is part of the problem with finding sponsors in the netherlands now. Hence I would think these teams are being more careful.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
spalco said:
I have no trust in Vacansoleil, Blanco and Radioshack. Teams looking for a sponsor and riders on teams that are about to fold often turn out to be tremendously dirty.

A rock.

karlboss said:
However doping is part of the problem with finding sponsors in the netherlands now. Hence I would think these teams are being more careful.

A hard place.

TRENDING THREADS