• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CLEM.. limits ?

May 26, 2009
www.parrabuddy.blogspot.com
With the Mexican footballers cleared of " Wrong doing " when and where will the line be drawn regarding " accidental ingestion of Clem " ?

At the Road Championships in Copenhagen is my guess but as regards the limits , i don´t have a crystal ball .

Come November CAS will have clear guidance to deal with Contador´s issues .

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
WADA / Latest statement on Clenbuterol / June 15, 2011

http://www.wada-ama.org/en/News-Center/Articles/WADA-statement-on-clenbuterol/

Following current media interest in relation to clenbuterol, WADA wishes to clarify the following:

1. Clenbuterol is a prohibited substance and there is no threshold under which this substance is not prohibited.

2. At present there is no plan to introduce a threshold level for clenbuterol.

3. It is possible that under certain circumstances the presence of a low level of clenbuterol in an athlete sample can be the result of food contamination. However, each case is different and all elements need to be taken into account.

4. Under the World Anti-Doping Code, result management of cases foresees the opportunity for an athlete to explain how a prohibited substance entered his/her body.

5. Next week, WADA laboratory experts will meet, as they do regularly, and amongst other issues will discuss the situation with regards to clenbuterol. No decision will be taken at this meeting and any recommendation will then be reviewed and discussed at the WADA Health, Medical and Research Committee in view of the preparation of the 2012 List.

6. The power to take a decision and to adopt the 2012 List is vested to the WADA Executive Committee, composed equally of the Sport Movement and Governments, that will meet in September.

WADA will refrain from making any further comment regarding clenbuterol until the review process has been completed.

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I believe clenbuterol isn't banned in cattle in several places in South America (not sure about Mexico) so the "I ate contaminated meat" excuse probably carries more weight. Of course we'd need to know what levels their samples returned but maybe this is why. I wouldn't have thought it would have much effect on Contadors case.

patterson_hood said:
I believe clenbuterol isn't banned in cattle in several places in South America (not sure about Mexico) so the "I ate contaminated meat" excuse probably carries more weight. Of course we'd need to know what levels their samples returned but maybe this is why. I wouldn't have thought it would have much effect on Contadors case.

There you are!! A lot higher than Contador's 50 picogram.

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=14411

Regards
GJ

May 26, 2009
www.parrabuddy.blogspot.com
Didn't want to start a new thread for this Query !

What is going on at the "USA pro challenge" ?

Are only Americans allowed to win and do they have to be about to retire or is it a " FUN " race to lighten up the end of the current season ?

skippy said:
With the Mexican footballers cleared of " Wrong doing " when and where will the line be drawn regarding " accidental ingestion of Clem " ?

At the Road Championships in Copenhagen is my guess but as regards the limits , i don´t have a crystal ball .

Come November CAS will have clear guidance to deal with Contador´s issues .

Specific to athletes living in Mexico, there's research showing easily detectable amounts of clen in the meat supply.

I differentiate between an athlete living in Mexico getting a clen bust and an EU athlete getting a clen bust. One is a much less obvious violator than the other.

May 11, 2009
Visit site
skippy said:
Didn't want to start a new thread for this Query !

What is going on at the "USA pro challenge" ?

Are only Americans allowed to win and do they have to be about to retire or is it a " FUN " race to lighten up the end of the current season ?

Stage winner nationalities:
1 German
3 Italians
3 USA

TRENDING THREADS