• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

A

Anonymous

we have asked, but apparently we are not allowed to have intrests outside of cycling, or if we do we are meant to discuss them with each other elsewhere

woe betide any of us have other intrests, and personalities are banned..

dimspace said:
we have asked, but apparently we are not allowed to have intrests outside of cycling, or if we do we are meant to discuss them with each other elsewhere

woe betide any of us have other intrests, and personalities are banned..

Hum, I did not know that. Even the RBR forum has a place for that and it otherwise $ucks. Maybe we could ask again real nice?

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
Believe me, we've gone down this road before. Dim should remember. Someone (like Dimspace, or whomever) should really go into the community section and start a café social group.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
Maybe we could get 180 to help, I think he is in good with the powers that be.
I think they were a little hairtriggered in this instance anyway as health care unfortunatly does have something to do with cycling on various levels.

Yeah, you get hit by a car that doesn't have insurance, and you will know all about it! Maybe we should have been discussing it in "the clinic"? :rolleyes:

Anyway, +1 for a "cafe" or other type of non-cycling discussion area.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
+1 for a general 'talk shop' or whatever you want to call it. I'd settle for an 'other sports' section.

Does anyone ever think about cycling while watching other sports, for example? :D

Like football (soccer), cricket (oh dear Aussies :D), baseball, NFL or even, dare I say it, tennis?:p

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Amsterhammer said:
+1 for a general 'talk shop' or whatever you want to call it. I'd settle for an 'other sports' section.

Does anyone ever think about cycling while watching other sports, for example? :D

Like football (soccer), cricket (oh dear Aussies :D), baseball, NFL or even, dare I say it, tennis?:p

From the point of view of "this is so boring, I'd rather be watching a cycling race!" :D

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Amsterhammer said:

Cricket should be banned from the Cafe! Oh, I am depressed. That and we also lost the Bledisloe Cup to the All Blacks in a nail biter. Not a good year for the Aussies on the sporting front. :(

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I normally am not too keen on reading posts on Brad Pitt or Angelina or peoples political views or any other crap that doesnt belong on a cycling site.
HOWEVER the problem is a little like the reason behind the clinic, if you do not offer people a forum they have an opinion just itching to get out and so they just shove it clumsily in some other thread.
Someone makes a political statement and the next thing you know the thread is highjacked into the dimwittedness of an Alaskan Gov vs healthcare reform actually being derailed by another parties reluctance to alienate trial lawyers.
If we have a seperate
CAFE section, those of us who only want to discuss things cycling related can simply avoid it like the plague:D
right now it is being interjected by people who just cant seem to halp themselves and so we cant avoid it as easily