• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CN from the press room

Daniel Benson

Administrator
Mar 2, 2009
www.cyclingnews.com
Okay, so we're in Belgium, the home of cycling (well one of them) and we're sitting in the press room and being subjected to Formula one on the big screen. What's that about?

Oh and it's a school gym posing as a press room. It smells of feet.

Daniel

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Daniel Benson said:
Okay, so we're in Belgium, the home of cycling (well one of them) and we're sitting in the press room and being subjected to Formula one on the big screen. What's that about?

Daniel

How did Mark Webber go at the F1GP?

Mar 10, 2009
www.flickr.com
Daniel Benson said:

Daniel

Never mind ... tuck into the free beer and sandwiches;)

Daniel Benson

Administrator
Mar 2, 2009
www.cyclingnews.com
Free beer? Where?

Sandwiches are pretty good though. It was manic at the finish today. Far busier than some of the stages at last year's Tour. I managed to grab Lefevere just before the finish though. With about 2K to go he was grinning from ear-to-ear, and rightfully so.

At the opposite of the scale Columbia had five or six crashes, including Hincapie in the last 200 meters.

And I heard that Frank Hoj may have broken is collar bone.

Daniel

Thor actually rode Rast(?) into the barriers after being forced that way by a FdJ rider.

I just watched the slow motion overhead replay about 5-6 times and it was one of those that was hard to really blame any one rider definitively. A FdJ rider led out the sprint and Gilbert came around him on the left, which pushed the group towards the barriers on the left. Another FdJ rider was on Gilbert's wheel and he followed Gilbert left which pushed Hushovd left, which pushed him into a fast moving Rast, pushing him right into the barriers. Hushovd went back into the FdJ rider, who fell into Hushovd, pushing him back into the barriers.

It was ugly. It was always going to happen once Gilbert started moving left. I guess you could say he caused it, but I don't know if you could say he was at fault. He had almost a bike advantage when he started passing the FdJ rider to the left and it was a very gradual move.

Daniel Benson

Administrator
Mar 2, 2009
www.cyclingnews.com
they moved the press so far back from the finish that we didn't even know there was a crash until some of the riders came through in torn jerseys. Watched it back on the TV. Ouch.

TRENDING THREADS