• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Collective Tour de France stream thread

Many cycling fans live in regions where they receive truncated race coverage or none at all. Other frugal fans may abstain from television ownership or cable subscriptions. The go-to site usually provides monolinguistic, choppy, often unwatchable streams. With that in mind I decided a collective thread would be helpful for fans who wish to view the biggest race of the year.

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I use mygoodstream_dot_pw. The site provides link into NBCSN stream with excellent quality. The drawback is that USA IP is needed and for that I currently use ZenMate VPN Chrome extension, that has 7-day free trial. After the free period expires I probably switch to use some other VPN service providing free trial and USA IP.

Re:

bonaqua said:
I use mygoodstream_dot_pw. The site provides link into NBCSN stream with excellent quality. The drawback is that USA IP is needed and for that I currently use ZenMate VPN Chrome extension, that has 7-day free trial. After the free period expires I probably switch to use some other VPN service providing free trial and USA IP.
Can you provide link?

Amazinmets87 said:
Many cycling fans live in regions where they receive truncated race coverage or none at all. Other frugal fans may abstain from television ownership or cable subscriptions. The go-to site usually provides monolinguistic, choppy, often unwatchable streams. With that in mind I decided a collective thread would be helpful for fans who wish to view the biggest race of the year.
Since this topic is supposedly also for those who don't have cable/tv or simply away from home, i will post these high quality streams:

For Belgians in Europe, they can register (for free) on:
https://www.vrt.be/vrtnu/ - (Dutch)
https://www.rtbf.be/auvio/ - (French)

For Dutch people (there is also a smartphone app) :
https://www.npostart.nl/

There are a lot of free VPN servers, that will let you connect to the Dutch stream from anywhere in the world. If you follow this link, you can get a free account with 10+1 GB per month. The +1 GB will be awarded after confirming your e-mail. This is another VPN, unlimited (and free) but the free version is not the same speed.

PS: A VPN (virtual private network) routes the internet connection through a remote server, tricking the host server into thinking the user is in a different location.

Re:

Amazinmets87 said:
Streams are awful. I'm ready to cough up for a provider.

Anyone know any reasonable ones? I'll be in Canada
You could also get a VPN subscription to connect to one of many European broadcast stations that live stream the TDF on their website in high quality as well. VPN's are usually a lot cheaper (roughly 10 bucks a month or so) and many of the good ones, offer one month trial for free. There are also VPN servers that are free for ever, but they have other limitations (traffic cap, limited countries...). I posted some of those in my previous post. But for a one month premium service, i'd suggest trying out a one month trial of a premium VPN. Just google "best VPN" and you'll get a lot of lists comparing all sorts of VPN services.

TRENDING THREADS