• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Colnago experts, is this C60 real???

Nov 3, 2017
Visit site
The one thing that gives me pause is the serial number is partly scratched out.
What do you think? I would really appreciate your thoughts. I am considering buying this.
Thank you

2z8xg5w.jpg

2ajwcqu.jpg

1zg3hw2.jpg

16iw0h3.jpg

35k05l0.jpg

ldue1.jpg

15efea9.jpg

fmt3bk.jpg

23hlgnb.jpg

That serial number looks to be scratched out on purpose, probably because the frame is stolen.

It's almost laughable at how easily it is to tell that someone purposely scratched out that serial number. It would be one thing if there were a couple scratches on it due to wear and tear but that's blatant and at this point your main concern would be to help get that bike frame back to its proper owner by doing whatever you can to either contact them if possible or talk to your local police department and let them take it from here.

Whatever you do, DO NOT BUY THAT BIKE FRAME!

Just to reiterate, that frame is stolen from someone just like me or you that worked hard for our money and saw an opportunity to make some easy money for themselves.

If you have the person's name and phone number that is selling this bike it should also be forwarded to your local police station along with your suspicions that this bike is stolen.

Again, please do not purchase that bike frame.

Re:

Octane173 said:
OK thank you for saying that. Very good tip.
No problem, I'm glad you checked into this before you parted with your hard earned cash.

Obviously, you thought something was wrong with that picture and for very good reason.

I've been checking some of the stolen bike databases but no hits yet. (They operate on having an intact serial number)

I'm going to keep checking and will let you know if I get a hit.

Re:

Octane173 said:
Yeah I know. Email me directly if you dont mind. The fella who is selling bought it from a guy overseas and it did infact come that way so he is not the guy who did this. It was the guy who sold it to him. matthewlcooke@gmail.com
Yeah, okay. That's a bummer for the first person that bought it.

Another red flag is the fact that the bike came from overseas, which in itself doesn't mean anything but with a scratched off serial number it's pretty telling.

Cheers :)

TRENDING THREADS