• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Color of steeringtape

color?

• other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
May 5, 2010
Visit site
Tape

My Jamis came with white. I am thinking of changing it because it shows all the blood, sweat and tears. Any suggestions on color that stays the color it starts with?:rolleyes:

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
TigerFish said:
My Jamis came with white. I am thinking of changing it because it shows all the blood, sweat and tears. Any suggestions on color that stays the color it starts with?:rolleyes:

black :p But I'd go for red==> the blood won't make it dirty anymore:p How do you get blood on it btw :p

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
White, because it represents good, while black stands for evil.

because of the dirt it's semi-grey now. But since it was white originally, it still essentially represents good.

Bala Verde said:

because of the dirt it's semi-grey now. But since it was white originally, it still essentially represents good.

How do you know it does not represent moral ambiguity and decadence? You might be telling people that you have sold out your original, high minded principles and are now willing to cross any line to gain an advantage.

I knew there was a reason why there is gray in the Retirement Shack kit.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:

In most Asian cultures White stands for Death
(Since there are 3 billion Asians they would have the power of numbers if it came to a vote)

Black, because of matching the colour scheme of my bike, was going to get Blue, but I couldn't get the right colour. Tyres are blue, though

FWIW -bike is a black frame, few red and sliver flashes around the decals but fork as a blue vibration damper insert, it is Dedacciai, likewise cranks, bar and stem are Deda

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
How do you know it does not represent moral ambiguity and decadence? You might be telling people that you have sold out your original, high minded principles and are now willing to cross any line to gain an advantage.

I thought it was to match the color of their hair?!?!

I have dark blue, red and white on my 3 bikes. The white is on my track bike, because I figure if any will stay clean, then the bike that only gets ridden indoors will. :rolleyes:

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:

It's all about the bar tape. Please let me create my own myths! ;)

Notso Swift said:
In most Asian cultures White stands for Death
(Since there are 3 billion Asians they would have the power of numbers if it came to a vote)

You are probably right, but Asian cultures don't count. None of them ever produced lord of the rings did they? ;)

I might change to red, or Astana turquoise.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
It's all about the bar tape. Please let me create my own myths! ;)

You are probably right, but Asian cultures don't count. None of them ever produced lord of the rings did they? ;)

I might change to red, or Astana turquoise.
LOL, Gengis Khan could probably fit into the armies of Mordor though

Not the Turquise, please, unless everything else on the bike ties in it will look a bit odd

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
"steering tape"? WTF is that never heard of that term. is that some sort of cockney slang?

gonna go down to my LBS and order some "navigation grips" for my mountain bike in white to match my white "sphincter cushion".

Oakley makes the vision enablers that transform a garden gnome

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Boeing said:
"steering tape"? WTF is that never heard of that term. is that some sort of cockney slang?

gonna go down to my LBS and order some "navigation grips" for my mountain bike in white to match my white "sphincter cushion".

Oakley makes the vision enablers that transform a garden gnome

everybody seems to understand so stop whining and htfu

I switched from white to black two years ago for two reasons:

1- The power of stylish understatement cannot be understated. (But I still have white shoes :p)

2- Mrs. Tibbs complained about how dirty the white gets.

For all you colored tape users: I admire your moxy, but how can you stand the lack of coordination some of you MUST be experiencing between kit, tires, frame, helmet, shoes, and tape (and maybe even hoods)?

mr. tibbs said:
For all you colored tape users: I admire your moxy, but how can you stand the lack of coordination some of you MUST be experiencing between kit, tires, frame, helmet, shoes, and tape (and maybe even hoods)?

It's actually not as hard as you think, you just have to pick an easy color to match.

Here is what I did...

Bike: White/Silver with Red Accents.
Shoes: White with Black and Silver accents (a little bit of red)
Saddle: White with Red stitching
Helmet: White with Red accents and Red strap
Gloves: Don't wear any
Socks: Red w/ Grey or White w/ Red accents
Kit: Team kit is White Jersey/Black shorts both with Red and Green details.
All of my winter gear is White or Black with Red.
Sunglasses: White with Grey rubber, Fire Iridium Lenses (depending on the angle they look red Edit: That's a stretch they really look Orange most of the time)
Tires: Green to match green in kit.
Bartape: Red

All the red has been easy to match because it isn't the main color on anything save for a pair of socks. The red is too far away from the other red pieces to be able to notice any difference.

I know this is a little overboard but I am a little OCD when it comes to certain things; this happens to be one of them.

TRENDING THREADS