• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Compare Rock Racing Cipollini to Astana Armstrong

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Did anyone buy that Cipo could just step into an event like Tour of California last year with Mickie Ballsack's C0ck Racing squad?

Remember he got two podiums in the bunch kicks, and some top 10s.

Compare that to Armstrong. Which is more "unbelievable"?

Cipollini's is about as credible as Armstrong imo. Mickie Ballsack and his podium girls loved it tho.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
blackcat said:
Did anyone buy that Cipo could just step into an event like Tour of California last year with Mickie Ballsack's C0ck Racing squad?

Remember he got two podiums in the bunch kicks, and some top 10s.

Compare that to Armstrong. Which is more "unbelievable"?

Cipollini's is about as credible as Armstrong imo. Mickie Ballsack and his podium girls loved it tho.

There is an enormous difference between a sprinter getting a few podium finishes and being a GT contender.

That said, Mario wasn't clean^^

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Boonen, Bettini, Ciolek, Cav, Pagliarini, Brown, Haedo, Renshaw, Haussler, Farrar...

to me, that is pretty deep field. How do you get a podium in that field, off the back of two years banging groupies.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Who on earth said Mario was clean? He was riding for the Saeco program in the day, and this racing was for Rock for goodness sakes!
and Ferrari was his preparatore

just sayin... he must have had some good dope, to return to the field in tip top shape.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
To me it shows how great a talent he was. Since Cippo never failed a drug test, he must have been clean, no one(espically on these boards) can prove otherwise. Cippo had Freddy leading him out, not bad having an all-star lead out. Was great to see him racing again, as I got to see him in the Tour de Georgia as well, even helped him push him up Brasstown Bald.

This is like asking how in the world MJ came back and scored all those points and won more championships after his stint in baseball.

And the team name is Rock Racing, I wear their kit with pride..

mikeNphilly said:
To me it shows how great a talent he was. Since Cippo never failed a drug test, he must have been clean, no one(espically on these boards) can prove otherwise. Cippo had Freddy leading him out, not bad having an all-star lead out. Was great to see him racing again, as I got to see him in the Tour de Georgia as well, even helped him push him up Brasstown Bald.

This is like asking how in the world MJ came back and scored all those points and won more championships after his stint in baseball.

And the team name is Rock Racing, I wear their kit with pride..
so much vitrole and ignorance out there. i think Rock has been mostly good for
bike racing. keep riding.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Zabel or Cipo would be the most drug tested individual.

Both won over 200 races. Both rode probably 20 grand tours. Both held leaders jerseys in different tours for probably 40 odd days.

Probably about 300 in competition tests.

Plus one test out of competion for 20 years (average).

320 tests.

Armstrong has only had about 20-30 out of competition tests before this year.

50 odd professional wins.

100 days in leaders jersey. (Midi Libre, Suisse, Dauphine)

15 Grand Tours.

Around 200 gross, plus then 2008/2009.

Zabel and Cipo would still be far ahead.

Cavendish will probably be the most tested individual in the future. Unless Contador assumes an Armstrong type strategy, and takes the jersey, earlier, rather than later. If you wear the jersey for 10 days in a GT and do it for 10 years, that will add 100 tests on your meter.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
not a troll, I was 100% serious, Cippo is one of my favorite riders.

I look at all riders as clean until they fail a test, makes it easier.

And I do wear the RR kit with pride, how can you not look cool in all black and skulls, my girl loves the RR stuff. I own 4 complete kits.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
mikeNphilly said:
And I do wear the RR kit with pride, how can you not look cool in all black and skulls, my girl loves the RR stuff. I own 4 complete kits.

You think all black & skulls is cool? how many barb wire tattoos do u have?:D
Maybe it is time to trim your mullet.

As for me i am going to go pull on my Castorama Bibs with my unshaven legs and go for a ride.

:D

TRENDING THREADS