• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Confirmed Tour Teams/Pre-Selections

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Netserk said:
Majka isn't going. I doubt Sutherland is.

Surely not. But I think we will see a couple of surprises though.
I don´t think CAS makes it this time, and I won´t rule out Breschel or Mørkøv either.

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Noval!!

xrayvision said:
Surely not. But I think we will see a couple of surprises though.
I don´t think CAS makes it this time, and I won´t rule out Breschel or Mørkøv either.

Breschel will go for Vuelta. I think they will take Noval. He is the Saxo-rider with the 3rd fastest ascent-time on Alpe D'huez :eek: Did it in 41:44 in 2004 (only 2 secs of Greg Lemond's fastest. Rogers though, did it in 40:07 in the same year. Contador's best is only 41:33 - just 11 seconds better than Noval :p But on topic, according to CAS 7 riders where picked for the Tour on Saxo and he wasn't one of them. We have yet to know which 7 they were.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Waterloo Sunrise said:
This thread becomes pretty worthless when names are added because we assume they will be selected, without any official confirmation.

fyi when you log in here typically there is a front page for CN. you can find accurate reporting there. there is a heading labeled Tour De France. etc.

good luck

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Waterloo Sunrise said:
Cheers - I forgot that because this is a discussion forum, we should also encourage false posting to further the distinction with news sources.

I guess what I should have said is that there is no forum for telling people what you think they should and shouldn't post all the damn time. .

Yes, I'll try to tone down my fascist tendencies.

Only a total control freak would think a 'Confirmed teams/pre-selections' thread, with a first post edited to contain confirmed teams/pre-selections, would actually contain confirmed teams/pre-selections, rather than someone's guess.

Moreover, I'll grant it was aggressive, all the damn time, to state my opinion, with no specific request for anyone to change their behaviour, once.

You, my friend, are not a tool.

Waterloo Sunrise said:
Yes, I'll try to tone down my fascist tendencies.

Only a total control freak would think a 'Confirmed teams/pre-selections' thread, with a first post edited to contain confirmed teams/pre-selections, would actually contain confirmed teams/pre-selections, rather than someone's guess.

Moreover, I'll grant it was aggressive, all the damn time, to state my opinion, with no specific request for anyone to change their behaviour, once.

You, my friend, are not a tool.

It does contain confirmed riders and confirmed pre-selections. The guesses you refer to have either been confirmed by the rider or they're 99.9% certain to be selected based on good old fashioned common sense.

I noticed in another thread you thought Bos would potentially be riding the Tour. If only you'd taken the time to read my thread you'd have seen that he wasn't included in Blanco/Belkin's pre-selection. :)

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Just released by OPQS on facebook.

The OPQS selection for the 100th Tour de France includes the following riders: Mark Cavendish, Sylvain Chavanel, Michal Kwiatkowski, Tony Martin, Jerome Pineau, Gert Steegmans, Niki Terpstra, Matteo Trentin, and Peter Velits.

Boardslide said:
Just released by OPQS on facebook.

The OPQS selection for the 100th Tour de France includes the following riders: Mark Cavendish, Sylvain Chavanel, Michal Kwiatkowski, Tony Martin, Jerome Pineau, Gert Steegmans, Niki Terpstra, Matteo Trentin, and Peter Velits.
I love the way they don't even pretend that Velits can go for GC. One hit wonder :D

theyoungest said:
They'll be up against two well-drilled sprint trains, Lotto and Argos. The number of times that Cav got a decent leadout this season can be counted on one hand.

Cav still won 3 stages on his own last year, even against a strong Lotto train. Argos is a big question mark.

Well, the whole team obviously needed some time to adapt to having the world's best sprinter in the ranks rather than not even bothering about bunch sprints like the years before. I think in il Giro they made a huge step forward and their confidence is through the roof at the moment.