• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Confirmed Tour Teams/Pre-Selections

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Sojasun confirmed on their website.

Sojasun
Anthony Delaplace
Julien El Fares
Brice Feillu
Jonathan Hivert
Cyril Lemoine
Jean-Marc Marino
Julian Simon
Maxime Mederel
Alexis Villermoz

Pretty much as expected except, maybe, Villermoz.

One Man Grupetto said:
Sojasun confirmed on their website.

Sojasun
Anthony Delaplace
Julien El Fares
Brice Feillu
Jonathan Hivert
Cyril Lemoine
Jean-Marc Marino
Julian Simon
Maxime Mederel
Alexis Villermoz

Pretty much as expected except, maybe, Villermoz.

Pretty surpricing them not picking Jeandesboz, that showed decent shape in Route du Sud and Vuillermoz is talented but definetly a surpricing pick, and also I would have thought Engoulvent would have gotten a spot instead of someone like Marino. Otherwice it will be interesting if they will ride for Simon or Hivert on the stages that fits both of them, too bad two so similar riders rides on the same team.

roundabout said:
kinda of **** team.

Fuglsang is not Nibali, but he deserved better
It's a decent team. Kess and Brajko are enough for the mountains and Muravyev alone can protect him on the flats. The only thing they lack is a bit more power for the TTT. It's not like Fugslang will need someone to derail Sky or Saxo.

HCl+HN03 said:
Probably has Spilak reliased that he makes better result by focusing on one week stageraces. Thats true for alot of others too. Or he might just been ill or injured...

However a very strong team, Trofimov could be important, if in shape.
This. The only thing I remember of him in a GT was back in the Tour 2009: he was the last man standing from the break on the stage to Verbier, blown away by Voigt and Cancellara at the bottom of the climb. I think we all remember what happened next and why Spilak isn't relevant to this story :D

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
roundabout said:
kinda of **** team.

Fuglsang is not Nibali, but he deserved better

Is Fuglsang outright leader then?
Cherna-facepalm.gif

taiwan said:
Is Fuglsang outright leader then?
Cherna-facepalm.gif

For the GC he is their man, but they won't sacrifice the entire team for him. They'll go for stages in the meantime, and I don't think it's as stupid as you make it out to be. Fuglsang is probably the strongest and most confident he has ever been and showed promising stuff in the Dauphiné. I'd be anything but surprised if he makes the top-10 this year.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
taiwan said:
Brajkovic already did that. And won the Dauphinee.

Fuglsang is like Nicolas Roche.

Looking at them I'd say joint leaders going in, slight nod to Fuglsang. I can't really see either in a strong enough position to demand the other sacrifice anything.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
taiwan said:
Thing is he was given the role before the season even started. The one with the greater talent is his agent.

Cheap promise to make for a signature. The only way he wouldn't be a leader at the tour would be if he was way off form, or Nibali was riding. Other than that I'm pretty sure we'd see the situation we are now, somewhat joint leadership. I don't think brajkovic will be a domestique for him unless he's top 5, or brajkovic is out of the top 15-20. So why not?

With 17 teams confirmed so far you have the following guys for the flat sprints:

1st Tier - Cav, Greipel, Kittel

2nd Tier - Sagan, Kristoff, Goss, Bouhanni

3rd Tier - Bennati, EBH (and those two guys probably won't be sprinting in the big bunch sprints anyway)

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
JRanton said:
The sprinter's field isn't as deep as I thought it would be. Quite a lot of teams choosing not to take one or at the most taking a guy who can place well from a reduced group sprint (eg: Dumoulin).

Do they know something we don't?

dumoulin is riding, is he not?

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
JRanton said:
With 17 teams confirmed so far you have the following guys for the flat sprints:

1st Tier - Cav, Greipel, Kittel

2nd Tier - Sagan, Kristoff, Goss, Bouhanni

3rd Tier - Bennati, EBH (and those two guys probably won't be sprinting in the big bunch sprints anyway)

Degenkolb?

TRENDING THREADS