• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Confirmed Tour Teams/Pre-Selections

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Buffalo Soldier said:
Kittel is not first tier. Doesn't deserve a place next to Cav and Greipel yet.

Why not? He is probably the most consistent sprinter of this season, as he won 10 of the 13 sprints (for first place) he contested, with Greipel (11/20) and or Cavendish (11/19) present on numerous occasions. If he is there to sprint, he can most certainly measure himself with both of them.

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
No Szmyd... He's been crap for the last 2 years or so, so that's no surprise. What I don't understand is why they signed him in the first place.

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
tweak37 said:
Why not? He is probably the most consistent sprinter of this season, as he won 10 of the 13 sprints (for first place) he contested, with Greipel (11/20) and or Cavendish (11/19) present on numerous occasions. If he is there to sprint, he can most certainly measure himself with both of them.
He has proven nothing in GTs, and he was only able to beat Cav because of bad leadouts, which I trust will be good in the tour.

I will be very surprised if Kittel can beat both Cav and Greipel in an 'honest' sprint this TdF.

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
Probably as a replacement for Vasil, but the numbers aren't there.

More important, Capecchi still hasn´t made the next career step at Movistar yet - I expected him to do better, actually, but OK, he has still time.

About Movistar team selection, a quick photo of the 9:

1001642_575798092471345_1666700629_n.jpg

taiwan said:
Brajkovic already did that. And won the Dauphinee.

Fuglsang is like Nicolas Roche.

Yeah, acutally no. Very much different cyclists.

Roche: leader of a team for like six years, has never won anything, never gets really good placings in races anyway, never takes chances. He even chased his own GC in the Tour de Suisse when he was supposed to help Kreuziger.

Fuglsang: always a support rider in GT's and in general, has won a solid number of good races anyway, and has very good placings in races like Giro di Lombardia, Giro dell'Emilia, Tour de Suisse and Dauphine. Always aggressive and is in races to race.

Obviously lots of things can go wrong, same as for every contender, but it's not outrageous for Astana to believe he can do well.

TRENDING THREADS