• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Confirmed Tour Teams/Pre-Selections

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
ciranda said:
Yeah, acutally no. Very much different cyclists.

Roche: leader of a team for like six years, has never won anything, never gets really good placings in races anyway, never takes chances. He even chased his own GC in the Tour de Suisse when he was supposed to help Kreuziger.

Fuglsang: always a support rider in GT's and in general, has won a solid number of good races anyway, and has very good placings in races like Giro di Lombardia, Giro dell'Emilia, Tour de Suisse and Dauphine. Always aggressive and is in races to race.

Obviously lots of things can go wrong, same as for every contender, but it's not outrageous for Astana to believe he can do well.

In both cases their putting a team behind someone going for top 10 at best. If you show the slightest interest in these guy's races you have swallowed the hype. Other teams domestiques will place higher on GC without trying.

Where is Guardini these days btw?

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Cimber said:
Lol Seeldraeyers really fuming about non-selection:

-"Kazakh clowns"
-"bunch of gangsters" (if I understand it correctly)
-"looks like Fuglsang will be on his own in the mountains"
-"today I will have a lot of french fries"

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cnt/DMF20130623_00633518

GreenEDGE should really sign Seeldraeyers

but lol @ those comments.

In regards to Astana, I think Brajkovic will finish ahead of Fuglsang and be top 10.

Europcar for the Tour

Yukiya Arashiro, Jérôme Cousin, Cyril Gautier, Yohann Gène, Davide Malacarne, Kevin Reza, Pierre Rolland, David Veilleux et Thomas Voeckler.

A few surprises there, no Gaudin, Turgot or Jerome. Gaudin and Turgot haven't shown much but Jerome was going nicely on Sunday. Also Arashiro's there for PR reasons only.

Malacarne is having a bit of a breakthrough season so nice to see him get a spot. Same with Reza, though he was already close last year.

Sadly with this team Rolland's going to lose much time in the TTT.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Just read Tdf team selection for Garmin on the Garmin thread.

The list of good riders not going to the TdF gets more interesting - no tour for Tyler now.

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Nastyy said:
Europcar for the Tour

Yukiya Arashiro, Jérôme Cousin, Cyril Gautier, Yohann Gène, Davide Malacarne, Kevin Reza, Pierre Rolland, David Veilleux et Thomas Voeckler.

A few surprises there, no Gaudin, Turgot or Jerome. Gaudin and Turgot haven't shown much but Jerome was going nicely on Sunday. Also Arashiro's there for PR reasons only.

Malacarne is having a bit of a breakthrough season so nice to see him get a spot. Same with Reza, though he was already close last year.

No Coquard??

movingtarget said:
You watch, Gilbert will look good in the Vuelta just in time for the Worlds and do nothing in the Tour like last year. I would have preferred GVA to have gone. A great team man and could not even make the squad.
All of this.
Afrank said:
Anyone know why Guardini wasn't selected? Can't remember it being discussed anywhere. I remember he was scheduled to do the Tour earlier in the year but he's been pretty bad all year. Just not in good enough form to be able to handle the Tour perhaps?
You said it yourself. The "big 4" would wipe the floor with Guardini. Honestly, I doubt he'd even make a top 10.

Buffalo Soldier said:
He has proven nothing in GTs, and he was only able to beat Cav because of bad leadouts, which I trust will be good in the tour.

I will be very surprised if Kittel can beat both Cav and Greipel in an 'honest' sprint this TdF.

I agree that he hasn't shown too much in GTs yet but I expect him to pick up at least one stage. He's nowhere near as versatile as Cav and the Gorilla but I think he's every bit as fast as those guys and he's got a solid train.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
introduces LAMPRE-MERIDA selection for Tour de France 2013.

Blue-fuchsia-green jerseys will be worn by Damiano Cunego, Matteo Bono, Davide Cimolai, Elia Favilli, Roberto Ferrari, Adriano Malori, Manuele Mori, Przemyslaw Niemiec and Josè Rodolfo Serpa Perez.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
karlboss said:

Blue-fuchsia-green jerseys will be worn by Damiano Cunego, Matteo Bono, Davide Cimolai, Elia Favilli, Roberto Ferrari, Adriano Malori, Manuele Mori, Przemyslaw Niemiec and Josè Rodolfo Serpa Perez.

Hoping Cunego will get a stage win and looking forward to seeing Cav vs. Ferrari again. I reckon Niemiec might be worn out after the Giro.

karlboss said:

So two Colombians at the tour (if I can count): Serpa and Quintana. Should be enough to gain additional momentum.

Malori gotta respond after the Nat TT performance.

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
So two Colombians at the tour (if I can count): Serpa and Quintana. Should be enough to gain additional momentum.

Malori gotta respond after the Nat TT performance.
Serpa has already done the Giro and the Dauphine, so any momentum will have to come from Quintana, I suspect.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
karlboss said:

Actually a decent balanced team

Nastyy said:
Europcar for the Tour

i hope it's a joke. arashiro is right now one of europcar's biggest engines. check how he tortured himself last year for voeckler in the breakaways. he is basically chouchou's right hand. and he had very nice results too this year. i like him a lot as a rider.

veilleux is better than chartix in my opinion although anthony had some great moments in july.
i think it's a very good team but it depends a lot on what strategy bernaudeau will choose. i hope most of them will have freedom to attack

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
What do you guys thinks of the team leaders of the smaller teams, like Taaramaë and Péraud? Will they be able to get a good GC / maybe a stage?

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Pauwel said:
What do you guys thinks of the team leaders of the smaller teams, like Taaramaë and Péraud? Will they be able to get a good GC / maybe a stage?

Both good bets for dark horses that could top 10. Peraud the best bet for a top 10 of those 2 IMO. He's had some good results this year, gotten a couple top 10's in stage races just like he did in 2011 before his 9th at the Tour.

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/garmin-sharp-confirm-100th-tour-de-france-team

Garmin-Sharp for the 100th Tour de France: Andrew Talansky, Christian Vande Velde, Dan Martin, David Millar, Jack Bauer, Ramunas Navardauskas, Rohan Dennis, Ryder Hesjedal, Tom Danielson

Looks like a really strong team with plenty of potential for stage wins. There may be too many leaders though (Hesjedal, Martin and Talansky) to get any cohesion. My choice would be Hesjedal as sole leader, as as good as Dan Martin is, he won't be allowed the gaps in the break he's been allowed previously. Whereas if he supports Hesjedal and drops down the GC, the peleton may allow him to be in the breakaway and he can claim a few stage wins.

TRENDING THREADS