• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

conta today TT

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
lancewillwin8 said:
Terrible form from AC so close to July...Doesn't look good for him this year with a weak team and withou bruyneel at the wheel. Its an almost certain victory for lance at the tour.

WTF? Are the livestrong forums down today?

May 15, 2010
Visit site
the worst part is....

....lately all these threads are just sort of bleeding into one.

The King bee has sat on his stinger and it's like his worker bees are just in a complete panic.

....must be that pistolero salute.... they have seen it too much, and they know they are gonna be seeing a lot more of it....

Jimmy Riddle

BANNED
Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
peloton said:
Not at all. It's the flurry of new posters coming here before the Tour.

There is so much more to cycling than just the Tour, sadly most of the rabid LA fans have never heard of them, as you just proved. ;)

That's very presumptuous of you.

But the Tour is the biggest and the hardest race in the world so a lot of people are going to follow it. You shouldn't treat cycling like a small cult of people. The more who follow it the better.

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Jimmy Riddle said:

But the Tour is the biggest and the hardest race in the world so a lot of people are going to follow it. You shouldn't treat cycling like a small cult of people. The more who follow it the better.

giro is harder than tour

Jimmy Riddle

BANNED
Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
And before you say the Tour is not the hardest race in the world, Cadel Evans said this years particularly tough Giro wasn't quite as tough as the tour.

"The thing with this Giro is that is that there have been so many hard stages, even the transfer stages have been difficult. It's not that the break goes or the sprinters' teams ride: it's been hot or with crosswinds, or something was going on. How many days in a row did we have above 200km? I've never raced that long in a three-week stage race," he said.

"I suppose in the Tour, the speed is a little bit higher all the time. Here there are moments when it goes a bit easier and you can relax for a few seconds or few minutes. In the Tour those moments are fewer."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/evans-reveals-fatigue-of-the-giro-ditalia-peloton

Jimmy Riddle

BANNED
Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Thee_chisa said:
giro is harder than tour

Common myth of cult cycling fans.

The Giro is more unpredictable and has more mountain stages but the competition is not as tough and there is less intensity overall than the tour.

ATTN: All new posters w/ aspirations towards trolling:

1. locate Polish's account
2. review his posts
3. ????
4. Profit!

If you're going to do it, do it with art--like our man Polish.

As for Contador: let's hope his form is a bit off for the Tour. It will make it a much more interesting race if he doesn't gain time in all the mountain stages AND all the TT stages.

Still, I suspect the Tour podium will be Contador, A. Schleck, and Menchov or Liquigas's captain (whoever that will be).

May 7, 2009
Visit site
bobs *** said:
....lately all these threads are just sort of bleeding into one.

The King bee has sat on his stinger and it's like his worker bees are just in a complete panic.

....must be that pistolero salute.... they have seen it too much, and they know they are gonna be seeing a lot more of it....

Yeah, but... if Contador is clean than I am Britney Spears.

On a side note: I wonder that IF the Hog goes down, than will he take Contador with him? probably not, but we can dream..
I would like to see a real clean rider (if there are any) get a chance...

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
I believe him when he says he let it run after he heard he was already 31 seconds back, since this ain't the tour and now he can 'softpedal' some good training rides in the alpes ;).

the big ring

BANNED
Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
titleshot said:
Anyone else notice his scooting back every couple of seconds on his TT bike?
Seems like he rides on a solid carbon seat that has no grip.
He slides forward on his seat and then pops back every couple seconds, he never used to do this on previous TT set ups?
I think he is going to suck in longer TT's from losing power because he is constantly pushing himself back on his seat.

No. He did exactly the same thing in last year's TdF final TT, where he smashed everyone, including Cancellara.

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
this thread makes me happy.

Everyone knows the TDF IS the hardest race on earth otherwise why would Lance have chosen to only win it. Berty is obviously off form, he got betten by David Millars.

Lance is comming off a very strong showing in Luxerburge where he beat some of the best riders in the work. He will be kicking Berty a-hole in a few weeks.

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
WonderLance said:

Everyone knows the TDF IS the hardest race on earth otherwise why would Lance have chosen to only win it. Berty is obviously off form, he got betten by David Millars.

Lance is comming off a very strong showing in Luxerburge where he beat some of the best riders in the work. He will be kicking Berty a-hole in a few weeks.

It's almost july and the trolls are back !!!

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
WonderLance said:

I am not sure about that. If AC lost 1:46 LA would of lost twice that much.

Gak! Since July is approaching people are treating WonderLance posts seriously because they're suddenly less distinguishable from other, more serious trolling.

And whoever said it was disrespectful to the race organisers to say they're using it as training for the Tour, two things:
1) riders have ALWAYS used the Dauphiné as training for the Tour; they're happy to have top riders come in and not give 100% cos it keeps things less than predictable and means that they have some money names to bring fans in, and
2) this year the people who organise the Dauphiné are the same people as those who organise the Tour, so they'll be pleased to hear the other people praising their race.

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Jimmy Riddle said:

It may have been presumptuous, or it may be an educated guess. Around these parts, your post history and post count DOES get looked at by other members.

If these new comers are gone at the beginning of August can we get you back for an apology? kidding

I hope you stick around, for me, it started by watching lance at the 2005 tdf. I really had no idea what I was looking at and admittedly, I still have much to learn, but I am learning.

The 2006 tdf was really the hook for me. Stage 17, greatest sporting moment ever. And despite the aftermath, it kept me around. But the 2010 season is well under way and it has been pretty exciting. Hope you'll get into it. It's a lot more than one guy and a story line.

Hope you newbies aren't just here to prop up Lance. He is old news. Time to turn the page. (actually, PAST time)

May 15, 2010
Visit site
mr. tibbs said:
ATTN: All new posters w/ aspirations towards trolling:

If you're going to do it, do it with art--like our man Polish.

Polish has humor, these other Lance Lovers have no humor at all. It's like they have been sentenced to pimp him from some gulag. Just sad.

TDF: Keeping a close eye on leakygazz after that Giro. (The mythical harder GT. We all know people from texas wouldn't even waste their time winning some lesser GT)

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Thee_chisa said:
maybe he is concerned about taking his "allergy medicine" this year
Tour contenders have traditionally had bad days after withdrawing blood during the Dauphine. If Contador loses time again today that's a strong possibility. Means he's just getting ready for the Tour. Even though he's still a little impulsive he's matured into a rider who knows how to take care of his business.

Epicycle said:
Tour contenders have traditionally had bad days after withdrawing blood during the Dauphine. If Contador loses time again today that's a strong possibility. Means he's just getting ready for the Tour. Even though he's still a little impulsive he's matured into a rider who knows how to take care of his business.

CLINIC.

Everybody on earth is doping. I'm doping so I can do my ride to the convenience store quicker. On the way I'll stop by Schlecker and see if they have some CERA. Yesterday's ride was slow, so I think I'm in need of blood boosting. Wheeeee. Everybody's doping. Because I didn't set a new record yesterday, it's because I didn't dope enough, or because I was in the process of making sure that next time I am more doped, doped better, harder and stronger! Whooo, dope!

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Speaking of the TT and bikes, I saw this interesting bit posted by an Estonian guy on another forum

Some Radioshack guys tested about 20 different time trial bikes and concluded that Look is the worst. Rein Taaramäe commentated on it. He said Look time trial bikes are way too heavy and not up to top level standards. He even said sth like its impossible to reach top10 in high level time trials. Unfortunatelly, being Cofidis' best rider is not good enough to get a different bike for him. I think he made a wrong choice when staying there.

True or not, I don't know, but it is strange that such a good time triallist as Taaramae has been so average in the TT since turning pro.