• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Contador out of Tour for sure?

Aug 14, 2009
Visit site
I was watching the "great" 30 minute/day coverage of the TDU this morning and realized that Saxobank-Sungard had switched to Specialized helmets.

Doesn't Contador have a contract with Giro that obligates him and his team to wear Giro? Is this a sign that he is officially out? :confused:

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Don't Saxo still get their bikes and helmets from Specialized? Hence the head wear. Team contracts override any personal ones.

Having said that, I don't expect to see Bertie at the Tour.

Aug 14, 2009
Visit site
Mambo95 said:
Don't Saxo still get their bikes and helmets from Specialized? Hence the head wear. Team contracts override any personal ones.

Having said that, I don't expect to see Bertie at the Tour.

Didn't Astana change to Specialized after he started a contract in 2010?

Since he's such a star racer, I think teams will change equipment to fit his sponsor needs.

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
The RFEC Competition Committee and CAS won't have their decisions based on a cycling helmet, and no one has insider info as to how the two bodies will rule when the time comes.

News of Alberto's positive and suspension came out in late September - do we really know what sponsors he has for 2011?

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
ItsWitz said:
But what ISN't so sure is, .... what's next !!!

erm taxes of course we all got taxes to pay.

And we did know last year that Contador had signed a personal sponsorship deal with Specialized hence Quickstep moving to Merckx bikes all of a sudden.

TRENDING THREADS