Contador the new Basso?

Jul 23, 2009
3
0
0
This performance reminds me of Basso winning the Giro by 12 min. As Simoni said at the time, "he's riding out of this world." Come on, are you kidding me, toying with the Schlecks yesterday, then beating Cancellara today?
 
Jul 7, 2009
311
0
0
tnewmeyer said:
This performance reminds me of Basso winning the Giro by 12 min. As Simoni said at the time, "he's riding out of this world." Come on, are you kidding me, toying with the Schlecks yesterday, then beating Cancellara today?
it's a matter of time before they bust Contador... the guy is big time on dope
 
May 26, 2009
502
0
0
Depends...if he stays on a right team maybe not. That's why Caisse would be a good option for him.
 
Jul 9, 2009
517
0
0
tnewmeyer said:
This performance reminds me of Basso winning the Giro by 12 min. As Simoni said at the time, "he's riding out of this world." Come on, are you kidding me, toying with the Schlecks yesterday, then beating Cancellara today?
simoni himself is a very honest man.
 
Apr 11, 2009
2,250
0
0
Double post, but here goes:

Yeah. One really wonders...

Then again hasn't Fabian been worked over pretty good the last two days, dragging 80kgs over many mountains on consecutive days?

Not sure, but may be the only way to beat him is to set him up beforehand, preferably with a week of climbing, first, LOL. Usually before the last long TT they have a day or two of flat stages (helps recovery)?

Hard to say.
 
Jun 15, 2009
247
1
0
He has had a bit of a dodgy past, but something makes me think he's not doping.. Based on absolutely nothing, and it will probably come back to haunt me, as most riders that you think are riding clean do.
 
Jun 19, 2009
5,220
0
0
Parrot23 said:
Double post, but here goes:

Yeah. One really wonders...

Then again hasn't Fabian been worked over pretty good the last two days, dragging 80kgs over many mountains on consecutive days?

Not sure, but may be the only way to beat him is to set him up beforehand, preferably with a week of climbing, first, LOL. Usually before the last long TT they have a day or two of flat stages (helps recovery)?

Hard to say.
That and Contador was pretty much led around yesterday. Considering his ability to follow the wheels he was probably one of the freshest folks from yesterday. Cancellara's ride is that much more impressive considering what he had to do just to survive.
 
Jul 11, 2009
55
0
0
Wheels Go Round and Round said:
it's a matter of time before they bust Contador... the guy is big time on dope
Oh my god, Lance Armstrong won 7 straight TdF, thats just not humanily possible. He was the best climber most times and won the last TT in 6 of those.

He must have been on dope. :eek:

Post like yours should earn you a permanent ban from all forums and the disconnection of your internet so you can't spew your biased fanboy bitterness.
 
Jul 23, 2009
13
0
0
hm if Contador goes to Caisse.. he'll get busted.. think Valverde..


best for him to stay with Hog... Lance cant win #8 this tour is confirmation..

he just needs to ride the TdF 2010 for the new team Radio Shack.. he's a marketing machine..

Condator should follow.. if not.. he'll not win another tour.. Andy will
 
Mar 10, 2009
1,318
0
0
tnewmeyer said:
This performance reminds me of Basso winning the Giro by 12 min. As Simoni said at the time, "he's riding out of this world." Come on, are you kidding me, toying with the Schlecks yesterday, then beating Cancellara today?
As I joked on another thread, if Contador is doping, then how the hell are brothers Schleck keeping up? :confused:

But of course, Di Luca should have won this years Giro, because he was the only one animating the race. :D

And we blame the cyclists for doping...:(
 
Mar 11, 2009
748
0
0
Remember Basso rode away from everyone repeatedly at the Giro... Contador has not been able to do that.. I'm just saying.
 
Jun 20, 2009
19
0
0
This is a copy of a post I made earlier on the Annecy TT thread which is now following the same line as this one:

Iv'e never doubted Contador until today. Yes we've seen big stong TT experts convert themselves into almost top climbers (generally as it turns ot with some extra help) but to see a pure super lightweight climber better the worlds best TT riders, especially Cancellara is just too much of an improvement in my opinion. Yes there was a climb on the course, but for Contador to produce so much power on the flat is just too incredible to be true

Could anyone imagine Van Impe beating Hinault on that course today, or Pantani beating Indurain or Armstrong?
 
Jul 11, 2009
55
0
0
How is it that you can give LA a free pass, who during his time was the BEST CLIMBER in the tour and the BEST TT as well? But no, thats not possible for anyone else to do that? And its the 19th day of racing? :rolleyes:
 
Jun 20, 2009
19
0
0
But Lance was one of the strong TT guys who became a handy climber as was Hinault, Indurain, Merckx, etc. How many pure climbers in the history of the tour have won a 40 km flat TT?
 
Mar 10, 2009
1,318
0
0
Altimax said:
Iv'e never doubted Contador until today.
OK
If Contador is doping (aids not just performance in TT's but stages as well), explain how Andy and Frank have been able to keep up.
 
LargusMeans said:
How is it that you can give LA a free pass, who during his time was the BEST CLIMBER in the tour and the BEST TT as well? But no, thats not possible for anyone else to do that? And its the 19th day of racing? :rolleyes:
Remember that LA wasn't very good at either before 1998 :p
 
Apr 12, 2009
1,087
1
0
Altimax said:
But Lance was one of the strong TT guys who became a handy climber as was Hinault, Indurain, Merckx, etc. How many pure climbers in the history of the tour have won a 40 km flat TT?
Are you kidding I don't think lance won a tt before 99, he was a classics rider at best and also to win stages in the tour, and contador was winning TT even before he came to Discovery. COntador has just focused on his TT.
 
Jun 20, 2009
19
0
0
benpounder said:
OK
If Contador is doping (aids not just performance in TT's but stages as well), explain how Andy and Frank have been able to keep up.
Hey guys, I don't want to find that Contador has been doping and I really hope he isn't. As for Frank and Andy, yes they are going well in the hills but are also riding the TT like you would expect.

If you look at all the rescent problems in the tour, when things seemed to good to be true, it turned out they were.
 
Apr 20, 2009
960
0
0
benpounder said:
OK
If Contador is doping (aids not just performance in TT's but stages as well), explain how Andy and Frank have been able to keep up.
I think the explanation of that is pretty simple: Andy and Frank have been doping as well.;)
 
Altimax said:
But Lance was one of the strong TT guys who became a handy climber as was Hinault, Indurain, Merckx, etc. How many pure climbers in the history of the tour have won a 40 km flat TT?
You should do a little more research. Some of this I just posted in the other thread but Contador has always been a very, very good TTer and started winning TTs right from the start of his career. In fact, I think he was known more as a TT specialist when he was a neo-pro. The pure climber description came later.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY