Contador the new Basso?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 23, 2009
5
0
0
jaylew said:
You should do a little more research. Some of this I just posted in the other thread but Contador has always been a very, very good TTer and started winning TTs right from the start of his career. In fact, I think he was known more as a TT specialist when he was a neo-pro. The pure climber description came later.
His first win as a pro came at TT during Tour de Pologne. On the other hand it was an uphill TT
 
Jul 23, 2009
3
0
0
fanboy bitterness

Post like yours should earn you a permanent ban from all forums and the disconnection of your internet so you can't spew your biased fanboy bitterness.

hmmm... maybe Lemond will let me share his internet service. We'll see where this thing lands. It just doesn't add up. Sorry, man. -fanboy
 
Jul 23, 2009
3
0
0
LargusMeans said:
Oh my god, Lance Armstrong won 7 straight TdF, thats just not humanily possible. He was the best climber most times and won the last TT in 6 of those.

He must have been on dope. :eek:

Post like yours should earn you a permanent ban from all forums and the disconnection of your internet so you can't spew your biased fanboy bitterness.

hmmm... Maybe Lemond will let me use his internet! Sorry, man, I'll go back to what I said originally - this just doesn't add up. We'll see where it lands... -bitter fanboy
 
Altimax said:
But Lance was one of the strong TT guys who became a handy climber as was Hinault, Indurain, Merckx, etc. How many pure climbers in the history of the tour have won a 40 km flat TT?
Contador was always a TT specialist, damn you are ignorant.
Contador won the U23 TT championships in spain, his first pro victory? A TT in Poland as 20 year old. As 21 year old he was 4th in the Paris Nice prologue which was completely flat.

Yeah right, he was a climber who suddenly started to TT. Keep telling yourself that and keep evading the FACTS, Contador was always a TT specialist. FACT!
Now go away and cry in a corner please.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
rsd10023 said:
Wouldn't that be ironic if Contador, both Schlecks are tested positive, and LA wins the Tour de France because he is strongest and cleanest of them all?
I am hoping that you actually understand the meaning of "irony" and realize just how true your statement is. But because you have but one post, my guess is that your statement is well above your head. I am guessing this because you didn't put quotes around "strongest and cleanest."
 
Jul 18, 2009
41
0
0
luckyboy said:
Remember that LA wasn't very good at either before 1998 :p
I feel confident that Lance used something during his recovery, and during his first few years in winning the tour. I also feel very skeptical watching AC this year. It's like when Hamilton all of a sudden started riding out of his mind, and especially when he started winning TT's. Guys that size just don't have the motor to go so fast as the big TT guys. It's physics. Something isn't right with AC. When 98% of cycling fans believed Hamilton's ridiculous unborn twin excuse, I thought he was certainly guilty. Somethings wrong here.
 
Jul 12, 2009
61
1
0
LargusMeans said:
Oh my god, Lance Armstrong won 7 straight TdF, thats just not humanily possible. He was the best climber most times and won the last TT in 6 of those.

He must have been on dope. :eek:

Post like yours should earn you a permanent ban from all forums and the disconnection of your internet so you can't spew your biased fanboy bitterness.
It always ends up the same conversation, if someone is great they must be on dope.:mad:
 
Jul 18, 2009
41
0
0
Darrylc said:
It always ends up the same conversation, if someone is great they must be on dope.:mad:
That's what's so frustrating about cycling is that generally it IS true. It's like baseball in the fact that when you see someone producing big numbers you pretty much assume that the guy is on PED's. Just like cycling. Lance (although not caught), Hamilton, Landis, Basso, Delgado, and so many others. It's frustrating, but that's the fist thing that comes to mind when you see someone dominate.
 
Jul 17, 2009
9
0
0
The clean maillot jaune!

Is Wiggins the true leader of the tour? Armstrong, Contador, Kloden and the Schlecks have suspicious pasts.
 
Jun 20, 2009
19
0
0
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Contador was always a TT specialist, damn you are ignorant.
Contador won the U23 TT championships in spain, his first pro victory? A TT in Poland as 20 year old. As 21 year old he was 4th in the Paris Nice prologue which was completely flat.

Yeah right, he was a climber who suddenly started to TT. Keep telling yourself that and keep evading the FACTS, Contador was always a TT specialist. FACT!
Now go away and cry in a corner please.
My my you are very aggresive sounding, there is no need for your tone, if you wish to look at facts:

Quote:
LeMond, who writes an opinion piece in France's Le Monde newspaper during the Tour, questioned Contador's performance on the final climb to Verbier on stage 15, which the Spaniard won ahead of Andy Schleck by 43 seconds and took over the race lead. The climb came at the end of a 207.5-kilometre stage that also held five other categorised climbs.

"Alberto Contador established a speed record: he went up the 8.5 km climb in 20:55. How to explain such a performance?" wrote LeMond. "He would have required a VO2 max [maximal oxygen consumption] of 99.5 ml / min / kg to produce the effort. To my knowledge, this is a figure that has never been achieved by any athlete in any sport.

"It is like a Mercedes sedan winning a on a Formula 1 circuit. There is something wrong. It would be interesting to know what's under the hood."

Two journalists, one from Le Monde newspaper, asked Contador his VO2 max. Contador refused to answer the questions
 

iceaxe

BANNED
Jul 10, 2009
72
0
0
When I look at the face of most of the rider I dont see insane intensity. When I look at contadors face I see insane intensity. I saw this in university where certain people had insane intensity and this translated into incredible grades. For many years, university was not that competitive but everyone thought they were doing their best. If you be relaxed and affable after a race you have not put 100 percent into it. 99.999 percent of people who have not been a war situation do not know what insane intensity is. even war is not insane intensity. insane intensity means you sacrifice so much that you are useless afterwards and are useless as a social human being. You sacrifice your mental and physical health.
 
Jul 1, 2009
320
0
0
iceaxe said:
If you be relaxed and affable after a race you have not put 100 percent into it. 99.999 percent of people who have not been a war situation do not know what insane intensity is. even war is not insane intensity. insane intensity means you sacrifice so much that you are useless afterwards and are useless as a social human being. You sacrifice your mental and physical health.
You are obviously at insane intensity sir.
 
Jun 17, 2009
23
0
0
A bunch of the interviews stated that this was a very hard time trial, and that the climb in the middle was much harder than people were expecting. AC had the best time at the top of the climb, and lost all but 3 seconds of it to Cancellera (I think it was either 27 or 37 seconds). He was also 5 seconds faster at the top of the Monaco climb to Cancellera, and lost over 20 seconds on the last half. Throw in the cat 3 climbs, and he's damn fast. Perfectly flat, he probably loses on Fabian's good days.
 

iceaxe

BANNED
Jul 10, 2009
72
0
0
mikkemus23 said:
You are obviously at insane intensity sir.

Thanks. You almost certainly have to experience it to know it exists. the cost though is horrendous.
 
Hugh Januss said:
Nope, they're sceptical of him as well. Better look a lot further down the list.
They being the fanboys.
All are doped bar one, so forget the list as far as they are concerned.

Not even the tiniest shred of circumstantial evidence.
Just a lot of sour grapes garnished with a heap of wishful thinking.

The Barb said:
59 David Moncoutie (Fra) Cofidis, Le Credit en Ligne 1:17:12

The "real" GC leader?
and if he were in the top 10, he'd get the same speculative comments...
 
Jul 8, 2009
323
0
0
he_man said:
hm if Contador goes to Caisse.. he'll get busted.. think Valverde..


best for him to stay with Hog... Lance cant win #8 this tour is confirmation..

he just needs to ride the TdF 2010 for the new team Radio Shack.. he's a marketing machine..

Condator should follow.. if not.. he'll not win another tour.. Andy will
...when h### freezes over he'll go to radio shack...Bruyneel already stated that Contador and Armstrong are incompatible...it's Bruyneel with Armstrong as leader...
 
Jul 9, 2009
104
0
0
rsd10023 said:
Wouldn't that be ironic if Contador, both Schlecks are tested positive, and LA wins the Tour de France because he is strongest and cleanest of them all?
Yes it would be. Laughably so!
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY