• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Contador to ride World's & Lombardia

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contador-targets-worlds-il-lombardia-after-vuelta

It's about time we see one of the Grand Tour contenders going after the World Championships and Lombardia. What do you guys think about this? I would really love to see more of the very top pros target the WC and more of the Classics. The last decade of a season based solely on the Tour de France has taken something away from the sport, imo.
I know that this works for AC this year mainly because he's coming back from his suspension. I hope he and others will ride more of these races in the future. What would Merckx do? I don't see him calling it a season like half these do. HTFU!

benzwire said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contador-targets-worlds-il-lombardia-after-vuelta

It's about time we see one of the Grand Tour contenders going after the World Championships and Lombardia. What do you guys think about this? I would really love to see more of the very top pros target the WC and more of the Classics. The last decade of a season based solely on the Tour de France has taken something away from the sport, imo.
I know that this works for AC this year mainly because he's coming back from his suspension. I hope he and others will ride more of these races in the future. What would Merckx do? I don't see him calling it a season like half these do. HTFU!
It's not that unusual, there are other champions like Evans and Nibali who go for most classics as well. Heck, Nibali even goes for M-SR.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Lol you gotta love it how Contador is blackmailing the UCI.

" If you want me in that ****ty race in China to make cycling more popular you better make my points count"

Brilliant, just brilliant, i'm sure riis is behind it.

What will the UCI do? They will shoot in their foot if they refuse it. Contador his presence will make this so much 'bigger'.

Too funny xD

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Or post it in the I Love Alberto thread

Thank-you so much for your brilliant contribution to this thread. Once again, I am enamored with your post and the awe-inspiring, incisive truths you so artfully display; not to mention your command of the language and the elegant manners that are betrayed in your behavior. Thanks!

Sarcasm OFF.

Good that he targets these races. It will be Quite a battle for the leadership role for the Worlds' road race in the Spanish team. Contador should target the ITT as he will have a very good chance of a podium and ride the RR in the service of Purito.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
the asian said:
Good that he targets these races. It will be Quite a battle for the leadership role for the Worlds' road race in the Spanish team. Contador should target the ITT as he will have a very good chance of a podium and ride the RR in the service of Purito.

He shouldn't.

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Miburo said:
Lol you gotta love it how Contador is blackmailing the UCI.

" If you want me in that ****ty race in China to make cycling more popular you better make my points count"

Brilliant, just brilliant, i'm sure riis is behind it.

What will the UCI do? They will shoot in their foot if they refuse it. Contador his presence will make this so much 'bigger'.

Too funny xD

Cycling is a business, the bottomline is what its all about. The Chinese have heard AC as well and will dangle some juicy carrots at the UCI to back track on the points thing. It will be very hard to resist for the UCI, we'll see if "principle" trumps cash.

TRENDING THREADS