• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Contador will not win the TDF?

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Why would Contador lose The TDF

• He will not be well prepared.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Actually, yes:D

why? why is no faith that soon?

maybe this will help:

Few days before the Giro:

Snippet from wiggins interview:"The best-case scenario at this stage is I win the Giro, I come out of it, stay healthy, we do all the training camps that we do in between the Giro and the Tour," Wiggins told AFP. "Chris's preparations continue as they are, he ends up winning the Dauphine and we both arrive at the Tour ready to go in the best possible (shape). And Dave's (Brailsford) got to make a call, somewhere there, as to who is the leader."

We all know what happen with wiggins right? That's life. Anything can happen. So until the fat french lady finish finish singing, hold your breath for contador until end of July :D

airstream said:
It's not a sign of degress, it's just the things that always change. No one can dominate many many years. Moreover no GT man who would be able to be among 3-4 best GC riders during more than 5-6, maximum 7 years. The contention is too tight. Probably Cadel and Ulle are the only exceptions in this regard. They had their breaks, though. So, to me it's rather a matter of number of years on top than a matter of age. Purito fires today exactly because he relatively saved himself more in the early phase of career. I don't know whether it relates to Contador. Just general observation.

In the olden days the riders used to race almost everything and for a number of years(10-15). Bahamontes, Bobet, Anquetil, Poulidor, Merckx, Gimondi, Zoetemelk to name a few. The hypothesis being the more you race, the more experience you gain and the more the body adapts.

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm still convinced he will win... so...

but if he doesn't, Froome is the only conceivable one to beat him. Unless we have a 2010 Giro style race where a random guy gets 20 minutes of time in front.

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
the sceptic said:
Vuelta 2012 was a tired Froome against a prepared Contador. Cant read too much from that. In the tour they will both be ready. I hope Contador somehow has found 2009 form again.

Remember it was a Contador that hadn't rode a competition in more than 6 months that won that Vuelta. Ok he rode in belgium but that doesn't count

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Coolair2970 said:
Remember it was a Contador that hadn't rode a competition in more than 6 months that won that Vuelta. Ok he rode in belgium but that doesn't count

Ye even then he wasn't exactly at his normal best.

airstream said:
Wow, Fleur took such a democratic stance. In fact many people can think that Froome would never have beaten Contador of the 09 TdF/ 11 Giro patterns. However, others are totally entitled to assume that Contador would have won 0 GT's if Froome of 12&13 had participated in them, so... A monumental battle awaits us. A mythical one. Both won't be able to look perfectly. Both of them can be prepared extremely well but their standarts, but one will look magically and the second will look only very well in comparison to the main opponent. Honestly, I don't believe in Alex too much. But Purito can surprise everyone.

But... Andy for the win there's no doubt about that.

Who is "Alex"?:confused:

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Pippo_San said:
Vino option is so pre-2013.

Now the real option is Jakob Fuglsang wins the Tour.

Lol this guy has a better change to win the louder squeaky wheel ever.
but to be fair to him, i haven't heard him squeaking so far :p

TRENDING THREADS