• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Contador

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Orvieto said:
Unless intended ironically, "little boss" seems a little too grandiose for Andy.
Save for Cunego's prior claim, I would have suggested "little prince" or "petit prince" for his gentle philosophical demeanour, even when he has a fire in his belly. Here you can see him in the early Leopard Trek podium wear.

the3verB (or something like that) would like to have a word with you.

Apparently Europcar would be the one to inherit Saxo's license... I can't wait for the conspiracy theories...

If Saxo would lose their WT license, Alberto will never resign with them. Saxo can't score enough points to be WT next year, as they won't be invited to the Giro or to the Tour, if Alberto does sign with them they will get an invite to the Vuelta but they won't get an invite to the Tour next year either. ASO hates Alberto, and so does Prudhomme. I'm sure he's happy as hell now that precious Andy baby has inherited bad Alberto's win.

LaFlorecita said:
Apparently Europcar would be the one to inherit Saxo's license... I can't wait for the conspiracy theories...

If Saxo would lose their WT license, Alberto will never resign with them. Saxo can't score enough points to be WT next year, as they won't be invited to the Giro or to the Tour, if Alberto does sign with them they will get an invite to the Vuelta but they won't get an invite to the Tour next year either. ASO hates Alberto, and so does Prudhomme. I'm sure he's happy as hell now that precious Andy baby has inherited bad Alberto's win.

Can't think of a reason why.

Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
DenisMenchov said:
Can't think of a reason why.

uh because he tested positive at there event and it took shy of two years to sort, with the will he wont he be stripped of the tour title at the for of the conversation...

That would hopefully be the end of, likely, the second biggest fraud in cycling, i.e. Riis, and to the benefit of one of the more decent managers/team in the peloton. That would be good news after the string of bad ones last week (LA free and Ulle banned), Bertie...well he's certainly not innocent of doping in general so no injustice there.

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
webvan said:
That would hopefully be the end of, likely, the second biggest fraud in cycling, i.e. Riis, and to the benefit of one of the more decent managers/team in the peloton. That would be good news after the string of bad ones last week (LA free and Ulle banned), Bertie...well he's certainly not innocent of doping in general so no injustice there.

EDIT: Deleted my post as this is not the right forum

LaFlorecita said:

No doubt, but Saxo would never have scored enough points to keep their WT status regardless.

saunaking said:
I'm a Contador fan, but what's up with him never winning any one-day races?
A cyclist of his class should have some one day races in his palmares

His characteristics should suit some of the hilly spring classics and Il Lombardia. Has he even raced Lombardia?

He has almost as many GT wins as stage wins in those GTs!!

In fact take out ITTs and he probably has won more GTs than GT road stages.

Is he not suited to the one day races? Or does he just not target them (and why not)?

In 2012 probably he will race Lombardia after Vuelta.:)