• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Contador's head

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2008885 said:
Muscles?? He's built like a stick insect!!
Lol, not quite that either - but there is nothing - seriously, nothing - suspicious about his physique. With decent genetics you could achieve that in 1-2 years of specific training. Y'all lack perspective from looking at cyclists all the time.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
BS.

Christiano Ronaldo has the most perfect rounded muscle specimens, cant get them lifting in the gym when you get the vector lifting shapes, thick bellies on the muscles. What do they calling the exercise terminolgy on a strict tension resistance, like swimming, where all through your movement, the tension and resistance is the same. (just ignore for this instance, the pull over of the arm in the swimming stroke).

Ask anyone at a bodybuilding class, how you go about building that physique without androgens. It just aint possible. Ronaldo looks like a greyhound. Plus his bone structure in his face his sharp like hewn granite.

Victor Conte the famous Balco alchemist, talked about athletes, and he can spot the exogenous androgens from a mile away.

There is new stuff coming into professional sport, because there were roids and programs (medical programs) for the previous two decades, but they never produced a specimen like Ronaldo. And he is not the only one. I could name other others in other sports. If they look like greyhounds and racehorses, when 2 decades ago, the muscles looked more like gym junkies, and thick through the belly of the muscle, then there is a dead certainty, they are on some of the new androgens coming in.

These sports people, are alpha males, in the most alpha male disciple, the elite sphere of pro sport. If you dont walk in their shoes, and their sphere, you have no idea at the norms and new rules.

A great metaphor is LA and the film industry. Name me one actress on the verge of 30, with no cosmetic work.

This is completely anathema to the general public.

But this is an accepted norm in Hollywood. Do you ever find agents walking round the streets in the suburbs of the western world, encouraging 18 and 19 yo's to get a boob job, get a nose job? This does not happen in the real world non rarified air of hollywood.

Now transpose metaphor, to professional sport.

What is the ONE, the only one, the one metric of professional sport?

Paricipation? ahahha risible.

Pro sport is about one thing, Its about winning. And usually at any cost.

Now I gave you the example of Hollyywood, and put the objective of pro sport in the clear light of day.

If you can put one and one together, there is no hope.

We need BigBoat in this thread.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
2212452849_6.jpg

Andy always had a horse face, and a prominent brow. But I dare say, it has grown. Always was a Christoph Waltz long face aka jew hunter in Inglorious Basterds. But he would have been 18/19 here, and on the gear for a couple of years. There was common knowledge of Andy partaking at Cyril Guimard's VC Roubaix.

If you take away thehairline reclining, sure we can make a comparison.

one cant make accurate comparison cos of weighltloss, aging, natural tissue atrophy, etc. But by god, I'll do uit anyway, and say Andy\s head has grown longer and larger, like Barry Bonds and his Giants. Must have Barry been putting the meta into his head. Barry, Giants was just your team nickname, not an invocation to get on the growth factors. Swing... zing
RiderPicture.asp

LaFlorecita said:
From the Andy appreciation thread:

Wtf. Huge chin. And huge forehead.

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Kiara is a rational girl said:
Lol, not quite that either - but there is nothing - seriously, nothing - suspicious about his physique. With decent genetics you could achieve that in 1-2 years of specific training. Y'all lack perspective from looking at cyclists all the time.

There's no way he could train the endurance needed for football, practicing the skills needed to play at the highest level all the while building the perfect body in the gym. No way.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
happychappy said:
There's no way he could train the endurance needed for football, practicing the skills needed to play at the highest level all the while building the perfect body in the gym. No way.

it was not a gym body. It is a body like a greyhound, sleek muscles with shape. You just cannot get that shape with your muscles without androgens.

Just compare the shape of the athletes from the last era, 85-2000. Some like Edgar Davids, might have large muscles. But really thick. Thick thru the bellies.

ask Victor Conte, how he can produce a physique with thes shapes in the muscles, very small insertions, that become bulbouse like a thoroughbreed, but not the taught like a free weights gym rat.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
blackcat said:
it was not a gym body. It is a body like a greyhound, sleek muscles with shape. You just cannot get that shape with your muscles without androgens.

Just compare the shape of the athletes from the last era, 85-2000. Some like Edgar Davids, might have large muscles. But really thick. Thick thru the bellies.

ask Victor Conte, how he can produce a physique with thes shapes in the muscles, very small insertions, that become bulbouse like a thoroughbreed, but not the taught like a free weights gym rat.

Dammmmm sure aint Free Weights.....:cool:

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
blackcat said:
one cant make accurate comparison cos of weighltloss, aging, natural tissue atrophy, etc. But by god, I'll do uit anyway, and say Andy\s head has grown longer and larger, like Barry Bonds and his Giants.

Do you own a set of eyes?

mFrpH.jpg

happychappy said:

It's hardly a 'perfect body', although it is nice... but regardless, doing a lot of endurance work would make it take longer, and that's about it. Go browse the 'post your pics' section of bodybuilding.com - you should come across plenty of guys with as much muscle. They certainly aren't paid to train, nor do they have access to top-level trainers, nor in many cases have they been training as long.

blackcat said:

I'm fairly sure you have a screw loose or several, and I shouldn't be bothering with you - but muscle shape is genetic (I think that's what you're talking about...). It is not trainable, or affected by drug use. At all.

Phil Heath. Nice round muscle bellies.
img_10031267901616.jpg

Dennis Wolf. Not so much.
dennis_wolf3.jpg

Both of these guys are on drugs. Lots of 'em, and if Dennis could take drugs to get arms like Phil, he would.

Comparing someone like Ronaldo to a bodybuilder is ridiculous. The better comparison would be to look at pictures of boxers and mma fighters, who depend on having significant funcional muscle mass, low body fat (to make weight in the lowest weight class they can squeeze their body into) and a certain amount of endurance.

I do think it's possible for many men to get a body shape similar to Ronaldo if they put their mind to it, probably even without drugs, but what I don't think is possible for most (or maybe any) men is to be able at the same to sprint up and down a football field for 90 minutes, minimise the risk of injury, and stay in top form for 9-10 months at a time while competing twice a week. I think most people would be better off with a couple percent more body fat than Ronaldo while having the same muscle mass.

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
spalco said:
I do think it's possible for many men to get a body shape similar to Ronaldo if they put their mind to it, probably even without drugs, but what I don't think is possible for most (or maybe any) men is to be able at the same to sprint up and down a football field for 90 minutes, minimise the risk of injury, and stay in top form for 9-10 months at a time while competing twice a week. I think most people would be better off with a couple percent more body fat than Ronaldo while having the same muscle mass.

Go visit a college or even highschool athletics department sometime. One of two things will happen;

1) You'll realise there is nothing phenomenal about Ronaldo's muscle composition
2) You'll create a thread about how everyone playing college/highschool sports is doping

This isn't saying that Ronaldo isn't but his physique would not be the reason why i would suspect so.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Kiara is a rational girl said:
Phil Heath. Nice round muscle bellies.
img_10031267901616.jpg

Dennis Wolf. Not so much.
dennis_wolf3.jpg

Both of these guys are on drugs. Lots of 'em, and if Dennis could take drugs to get arms like Phil, he would.

what do these guys look like when they're 80?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS