• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Contador's options and Fedrigo's "options"

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone have a clue why Contador has an option to leave Astana if they can't maintain their Pro license and why Fedrigo can't do the same with Boygues being relegated to a conti-team? Thanks!

Lifeshape said:
Does anyone have a clue why Contador has an option to leave Astana if they can't maintain their Pro license and why Fedrigo can't do the same with Boygues being relegated to a conti-team? Thanks!

I'm not sure but I think it has something to do with the amount of threads a rider has on the Cyclingnews forums.

May 8, 2009
Visit site
Lifeshape said:

Astana missed a deadline to give in all their documents, triggering a rule which was brought in to protect riders on teams who could potentially go bust. The rationale is, if a team might or might not continue next year due to sponsorship issues, then riders on the team should be able to look elsewhere in october to ensure they have a job the next year, this rationale doesn't apply to Fedrigo.

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
luckyboy said:
Why would Fedrigo want to leave anyway? Bbox are still going to get into all the ASO races they want..

You'd better ask him, but he tried to left.

On the difference with AC, hasn't it something to do with their contract?

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I'm thinking about making a thread called "How many KM's per week does Contador do?", or "What does Contador have for breakfast?", or "I'm a Contador fan boy and I love him so much and I want everybody to know that".

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
This was more about shedding some light on Fedrigo's lack of options, but clearly the best answer was "Why would he want to." Aside from that, there are some serious Contador haters in this neighbohood.

A

Anonymous

Lifeshape said:
This was more about shedding some light on Fedrigo's lack of options, but clearly the best answer was "Why would he want to." Aside from that, there are some serious Contador haters in this neighbohood.

no, there are some serious "contador gets a new thread every time he changes position on his bike" haters...

i see you are new.. you wont know that we have had approximately 2283 new contador threads started in the past three weeks... dont take it personally... just be glad.. as long as everyone is hating on contador we are leaving armstrong, wiggins and cavendish out of it..

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
no, there are some serious "contador gets a new thread every time he changes position on his bike" haters...

i see you are new.. you wont know that we have had approximately 2283 new contador threads started in the past three weeks... dont take it personally... just be glad.. as long as everyone is hating on contador we are leaving armstrong, wiggins and cavendish out of it..

I think what he was asking was why can contador leave and fedrigo can't so technically this isn't a contador thread

A

Anonymous

lagartija said:
you to................:p

http://www.forumotion.com/

luckyboy said:
Can you not delete them as a mod? :eek:

Or make Contador a curse word like **** or **** :D

we did this on a previous forum, except instead of asterisks the filter replaced certain words with fruit... alberto contador could become juicy tomato, d1ck could become banana...

Alpe d'Huez said:
How many Contador threads do we really need?

:confused:

TRENDING THREADS