• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

contracts up for renewal and dodgy successes

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Have been thinking this for a while but cannot recall seeing any mention of it specifically.

Anyone with thoughts of remarkable performances coinciding with upcoming contract negotiations?

Alternative thought: Some riders seem to have dream performances but only very sporadically. Ie. no consistency at all over the years. Does that enhance their suspicion rating?

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Chris Horner is a most recent one. Unfortunately for him the market was unreceptive.

For the fall offs: Does Boassen Hagen fit? I think some to a lot of it is opportunity squashed to be a domestique.

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Nick C. said:
Chris Horner is a most recent one. Unfortunately for him the market was unreceptive.

For the fall offs: Does Boassen Hagen fit? I think some to a lot of it is opportunity squashed to be a domestique.

Hagen was a prodigy and should be on level with Sagan according to any logic. Hes getting burned out working as a dom for dopers at SKY and needs to get out asap.

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I remember when EBH could sprint.

This timely renaissance of form phenomenon happens in all professional team sports. I suppose the interesting thing about cycling is that even if you are really talented already, "focusing more" and "trying harder" will get you squat.