• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Coolest Names in the Peloton*

Page 25 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
If it's cold and dark outside, and you wanna keep warm... there doesn't have to be a holiday involved.
Oh I get that, but that applies to all winter and thought you meant something specific to November. But now that I think about, here (as there) Nov feels colder, wetter, and darker because there is the realization that warmth and sun are left behind.

I think it's the English name for 'Mortensaften', or is that Skt Michael's Day (the guy who hit among the geese because he didn't want to be a bishop.)

And how did pandas get involved?

Pan-600x399.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Sounds interesting. Can you tell more about this?
...Or some useful link.

Basically some guy was assigned to be a Bishop, and feeling like he wasn't worthy - which got used to prove how totally worth he was, being so humble - he went and hid among some geese. Because geese are totally known for being quiet, and stealthy, and not making any noise...
So, he was obviously found, and became bishop.

Basically some guy was assigned to be a Bishop, and feeling like he wasn't worthy - which got used to prove how totally worth he was, being so humble - he went and hid among some geese. Because geese are totally known for being quiet, and stealthy, and not making any noise...
So, he was obviously found, and became bishop.
Seems he was smart too...

So what's so special about that name? You may find Robert Robert or Thomas Thomas everywhere else.

The truth is that it's not even his full name. Many Javanese persons born before this century only have a single name, no surname, no middle name, just a name (including the first two presidents). So when it needs to fill Western name convention, they just do this

So much for this kind of names... The government has just issued the naming regulation (our first ever), only birth certificate application for names with at least two words will be accepted now - with some other mild restrictions.

Indonesians are very liberal with names, trends that change with every generation and the lack of family names make us hardly have any recognizable pattern or style in names, except for few ethnic groups. Some groups also take baby naming very seriously, they try to make each really unique, overwrought with meaning, and hard to memorize, while others just do it so they can fill some papers and come up with whatever readable sequence of few letters they can think of.

Not really a link to them on PCS but when I was in Angola visiting a friend I went and watched a local cycling race.
Thing is with Angolans, this was 4 years ago and 40 years back they discovered the English language and gave their kids fancy English names not knowing what I meant.
You might understand my surprise when a guy called Nova Pepsi won the race ahead of some dude called Delicious.
Other noteful contestants where a guy called Ikea. There was somebody called Benz (after the cars I presume) and most hilariously midpack finished a guy called Rudimentary.

Not really a link to them on PCS but when I was in Angola visiting a friend I went and watched a local cycling race.
Thing is with Angolans, this was 4 years ago and 40 years back they discovered the English language and gave their kids fancy English names not knowing what I meant.
You might understand my surprise when a guy called Nova Pepsi won the race ahead of some dude called Delicious.
Other noteful contestants where a guy called Ikea. There was somebody called Benz (after the cars I presume) and most hilariously midpack finished a guy called Rudimentary.

Haha, wauw xD

In the vain of Bond - James Bond. You could call him Mentary - Rudi Mentary.

• Haha

TRENDING THREADS