• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

coolest non-team kit

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I am 8 years retired from racing, and thinking about doing some local stuff to stay in reasonable shape. I am not going to join a team or anything like that, so for the first time ever I am free to choose any kit I want. Any suggetions on interesting jerseys to wear. After years of cycling, I am only left with sponsor riddled jerseys from old teams. I have an old PDM jersey which is cool, but something else would be neat. A skinsuit would be a good option as I am definitely not doing races that take longer than two hours, so I don't really need the pockets.

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
haha. Yes, I am actually considering this one. I race against Decanio several times, but never got to know him personally. Through friends that have raced with him on Prime Alliance I figure he is a solid guy. I did not know that he got caught...

I like the idea, but the site is boarderline corny....

Maybe I will become one of the SU army:p

A

Anonymous

41STIlc7aYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Velo-Dixi-Bicycle-Cycling-Jersey/dp/B0014RHJXE

bride2b.jpg

Gizmo do some fairly interesting ones, as do primalwear

I would wear the PDM one though, its a classic, if only mine fitted better i would wear it more often.

I do like this primalwear one, but you need an ego to wear it
XRA1J10M.JPG

A

Anonymous

crashnburn_lg.jpg

to be honest, i prefer plain coloured jerseys, or something suitably retro like this
formaggioburrini_lg.jpg

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
nice jerseys. THey look like art. I need something more appropriate for quietly ripping legs off opponents. Are there any companies that do single run custom jerseys? A simple jersey with my family crest would be awesome.

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I think we just received a new shipment of kits a few weeks ago. I would email the contact person on the website, I know he will get back with you.

The Bos is such a nice ride. If you're lucky enough to ride one I would. It is a really nice riding bike.

SprintDesign - single run jerseys

hi, just saw your thread - i work at SprintDesign and we do one off's, no worries - you can personalise one of the retail designs - eg: add your name/logo or whatever for only AUD$30.00 more - if you are looking for something on the plain/classic line go to http://www.sprintdesign.com.au/cycling-clothing/absolute-colour.html
... or if you want a full custom design with all the bells and whistles we can do that too - just send us an email :)
email - info@sprintdesign.com.au

momotaro said:
nice jerseys. THey look like art. I need something more appropriate for quietly ripping legs off opponents. Are there any companies that do single run custom jerseys? A simple jersey with my family crest would be awesome.

have a look at one of these - http://www.sprintdesign.com.au/cycling-clothing/absolute-colour.html and add your family crest for only AUD$30 more - email if you want more info :)

eurotrash

BANNED
Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
That RITE stuff is pretty nice.

I am a long retired racer similar to the original poster. Back in my racing days I often raced un-attached and would just wear a plain white jersey and black shorts. I was a bad *** track/crit machine back then and always had offers to join teams after races.

Funny story.... I moved to switzerland for a few years and was in need of a new kit, so I bought a couple sets of the excelsports boulder stuff- I thought it looked nice, was high quality and a great price- and who in switzerland is going to know anything about it so I figured I was safe since I had no ties to that team. My plan was to hook up with a euro team and get a bunch of their cool stuff before I return to the states, but kit of the team I did hook up with was lame and not euro at all- "cyclone bike shop" so I didn't bother.

Well fast forward a few years and of all the places I move back to in the states I move to Denver, CO! Now I feel like a tool when I wear my excelsports stuff cause everyone here knows what excelsports is.

ET

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
momotaro said:
I am 8 years retired from racing, and thinking about doing some local stuff to stay in reasonable shape. I am not going to join a team or anything like that, so for the first time ever I am free to choose any kit I want. Any suggetions on interesting jerseys to wear. After years of cycling, I am only left with sponsor riddled jerseys from old teams. I have an old PDM jersey which is cool, but something else would be neat. A skinsuit would be a good option as I am definitely not doing races that take longer than two hours, so I don't really need the pockets.

if you fit a jersey you wore at race fitness 8 years ago now you need to see a doctor

TRENDING THREADS