• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cost of Childcare

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 6, 2009
Visit site
Steampunk said:
Uphill? All our training was up vertical cobbled walls. Not real walls, of course, but big, serrated spikes covered in hot lava. It was a wall to us.

We were lucky to even have spikes, let alone covered in hot lava. What are you a millionaire?

May 6, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
vertical, you where lucky... we used to cut our legs off and make bicylces from them, use our ribs for spokes, and younger brothers and sisters for wheels, and then cycle across a ceiling crawling with live snakes and deadly spiders, in our underwear, whilst being chased by jens voigt weilding a chainsaw.. and you tell the kids of today that and they wouldnt beleive you.. :confused:

We couldn't even dream of Jens Voigt. Chainsaws? We had to chop down trees with our bare hands, and we weren't allowed in until all 4532 trees were chopped down. And that was a good day.

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
who wouldnt know..? someone whos been living in a box for the last thirty years..?

A box i hear you say :eek:

:rolleyes:

You'd be surprised. I rolled out the "nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition" schtick in a lecture hall of 150 students the other day. Lots of confusion. And at that point, it's very difficult to explain.

We're not a particularly cultured humor society on the west side of the Atlantic. If it's not physical humor, we don't get it. And Irony means well-ironed. (Wait for the indignant response...).

Steampunk said:
:rolleyes:

You'd be surprised. I rolled out the "nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition" schtick in a lecture hall of 150 students the other day. Lots of confusion. And at that point, it's very difficult to explain.

We're not a particularly cultured humor society on the west side of the Atlantic. If it's not physical humor, we don't get it. And Irony means well-ironed. (Wait for the indignant response...).

That's the trouble with kids today.
Anyway for those who've forgotten:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tym0MObFpTI

I had always hoped that this thread and others like it would have morphed into court cases or crime drama TV, with people getting child care advice and fantastic suggestions, like keep your kid in a box..
Guy in front of the judge " where did you come up with the idea of putting your kid in a bike box while you went to work? "
" judge some helpful folks on Cycling News, not only told me what to do but gave me directions for a bike shop that had boxes!"
W
If someone asks me for child care advice, got to start with are they allergic to dog food and do they have their shots
Someone needs a thread about home haircut advice.. or raising goats in an apartment for fun and profit!!

• Haha
Reactions: jmdirt