• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Could Jeff Novitsky keep Armstrong from racing Tour de France ?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Surprised noone has mentioned the ongoing investigation into the needles and transfusion equipment found in the Astana hotel bins last year.

If there is any announcement on that you can bet it will be the week before the Tour.

That and Landisgate and I don't see how even an egomaniacal sociopath who uses the sick and dying to protect his reputation would think he should be allowed to start.

SpartacusRox

BANNED
May 6, 2010
Visit site
wattage said:
What about a scenario that AC and the others are forced to cut down the juice, and Armstrong, being cosy with the UCI, is jacking like he's never done before?

what disturbs me about this post is the uneasy feeling I get that you actually believe what you are saying! Mate you are in a fantasy world if you do.

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Here's a more fascinating question:

What if Shack enters this year's Tour as planned, and Lance wins?

Then what?
And monkeys may fly out of my ****...

If he pumps enough dope into himself to manage a win, ASO is in deep trouble if charges against LA come up after his win.
Unicorns, pots of gold, honest politicians.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
SpartacusRox said:
what disturbs me about this post is the uneasy feeling I get that you actually believe what you are saying! Mate you are in a fantasy world if you do.

It's quite likely really.

He must be under a lot of stress recently, has had very few race kilometers and has looked fairly out of sorts. If he starts dominating the Tour de Suisse suddenly it will not be foolish to assume he's charging again.

He might feel he has nothing to lose now and want to go out in a blaze of glory. The inevitable "jealous haters and cancer lovers don't want me to win it" ar*e leakage will sound a lot more convincing to the deluded if he looked like he had a good chance before they "unjustly" brought him down.

Don't forget, the man is a total sociopath who seems to lack the ability to empathize or consider any priority other than his own.

SpartacusRox

BANNED
May 6, 2010
Visit site
Mongol_Waaijer said:
It's quite likely really.

He must be under a lot of stress recently, has had very few race kilometers and has looked fairly out of sorts. If he starts dominating the Tour de Suisse suddenly it will not be foolish to assume he's charging again.

He might feel he has nothing to lose now and want to go out in a blaze of glory. The inevitable "jealous haters and cancer lovers don't want me to win it" ar*e leakage will sound a lo mote convincing to the deluded if he looked like he had a good chance before they "unjustly" brought him down.

Don't forget, the man is a total sociopath who seems to lack the ability to empathize or consider any priority other than his own.

If you say so:rolleyes:

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
SpartacusRox said:
Im not LA fan or AC fan, I just threw that idea out there. And are you saying that Armstrong is NOT protected by the UCI?

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
wattage said:
What about a scenario that AC and the others are forced to cut down the juice, and Armstrong, being cosy with the UCI, is jacking like he's never done before?

Armstrong or one of the younger shack riders to win it over contador.......I mean how many decades is it been since a non-Bruyneel coached rider* won the Tour?? He procures the top dope, pays off the testers and his rider always wins. Contador won't amount to much at astana :-(

*(except sastre)

online-rider said:
Armstrong or one of the younger shack riders to win it over contador.......I mean how many decades is it been since a non-Bruyneel coached rider* won the Tour?? He procures the top dope, pays off the testers and his rider always wins. Contador won't amount to much at astana :-(

*(except sastre)

As we can fairly assume from the transfusion kits found and other circumstances, it's highly doubtful AC had access to the Hog's home brew last year.

A

Anonymous

I dont think the ASO can take the risk..

THe first floyd bombshell came out during the toc. Can the aso really risk that the next bombshell isnt going to come out during the tour?

TeamSkyFans said:
I dont think the ASO can take the risk..

THe first floyd bombshell came out during the toc. Can the aso really risk that the next bombshell isnt going to come out during the tour?

Again everyone continues to focus on one man. These accusations are not about just one man. If ASO decided they better toss people accused by landis in order to avoid a potential negative media disaster, then they couldn't discriminate. They would have to toss dozens of riders and multiple contenders. Not going to happen unless real evidence comes out.

Colm.Murphy said:
Well, did anyone think he was going to immediately fall on his face right after the Landis story broke?

Only the authors of about 4,999 posts since the story broke. One rocket scientist here had him being extradited by the Feds. back to the states last Monday.

SpartacusRox

BANNED
May 6, 2010
Visit site
wattage said:
Im not LA fan or AC fan, I just threw that idea out there. And are you saying that Armstrong is NOT protected by the UCI?

Never been big on conspiracy theories. Always preferred proof to idle speculation and wishful thinking.

But hey, thats just me. Others on here can believe what they like, just don't confuse belief with truth.

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
joe_papp said:
Then I will publicly congratulate Lance for doing a Valverde and riding and winning a race when he knew that there was a possibility that eventually he would be stripped of that title once it'd been proven that he both doped and engaged in criminal behavior?

If Lance wins (which I don't think is even remotely likely), he won't get stripped from this investigation. Possibly from a positve test during the tour, but not the stuff with Floyd.

It's like Valverde... when you're investigating stuff years old, they'll have to find some point to start where results will get vacated. It's not like they went back and took away 5 years of results for Valverde... they started from the beginning of this season.

So unless Lance goes down this year (which is also highly unlikely with the speed of the legal process), he'll keep any results he gets this season... because it's not relating to a specific test. Even if they had a specific test from his tour days... two years of results from then wouldn't include this year's Tour.

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
La Vie Claire said:
Then why couldn't he win last year? True he didn't have enough miles under him b/c of a collarbone thing but he hasn't put many miles in this year as well. He didn't race for 3rd last year. He raced to win so you have to assume that he was juiced to the gills -- old habits you know. And remember, his 3rd place was due to the TTT and being in a break courtesy of Hincapie. No TTT and no insider info and he's easily outside the top 5. He was also outside the top 10 (16) in the last time trial -- I can't remember when he last placed so low in a TT. I think he's just too old at this point to ever win again.

Not that I think this... but one reason could be that as they were teammates, he and Contador were on the same program.

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Mongol_Waaijer said:
Surprised noone has mentioned the ongoing investigation into the needles and transfusion equipment found in the Astana hotel bins last year.

If there is any announcement on that you can bet it will be the week before the Tour.

That and Landisgate and I don't see how even an egomaniacal sociopath who uses the sick and dying to protect his reputation would think he should be allowed to start.

I don't see how astana would be allowed to start either.

If things hold to form, the team that had the infraction will be out (which would be Astana) and the riders would be out (which would be most of Radioshack's Tour team). You may still have RS competing... with Chris Horner as the leader.

The ASO has proved that they don't believe changing the team manager and staff excuses the team from sanctions... that was why Astana wasn't allowed to ride the Tour when Bruyneel came in after the Vino/Kasheykin mess.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
kurtinsc said:
I don't see how astana would be allowed to start either.

If things hold to form, the team that had the infraction will be out (which would be Astana) and the riders would be out (which would be most of Radioshack's Tour team). You may still have RS competing... with Chris Horner as the leader.

The ASO has proved that they don't believe changing the team manager and staff excuses the team from sanctions... that was why Astana wasn't allowed to ride the Tour when Bruyneel came in after the Vino/Kasheykin mess.

Patrice Clerc is gone from the ASO so they are back to focusing on what is in the short term financial interests of the ASO not the long term interests of the sport.

The same person was in charge of the 2007 Astana as was in charge of the 2009 Astana, Nikolai Proskurin. He is now gone.