• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CQ ranking

Page 66 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
link fail ^

but whoops, I just assumed they got standard points :p
still better than nothing. Damn that friere for holding on -- potentially stealing Booms jersey :p

The Hitch said:
Sorry to break the news that you dont get 40 points for a ttt;)

you didn't, you were more of an echo.

Can't believe my bad luck.

Pellizotti, Plaza, Ricco. Two are definitely out for the season, one is probably out.

Intxausti meant to be one of the leaders in PN - injured/ill
Sicard dropping out of PN
M.Velits dropping out
Di Gregorio finishing last in his breakaway group
Soler crashing out of a good Murcia placing
Contador back, which renders C.Sørensen & Didier more useless.
Is Kashechkin ever going to race?

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Squire said:

Pellizotti, Plaza, Ricco. Two are definitely out for the season, one is probably out.

M.Velits dropping out

this surely isn't so bad :D

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Squire said:

M.Velits dropping out

We have a good number of riders in common that have failed us

Moondance said:
what Hugo has done here is actually a service to the forum. A highly meritorious service at that.

Seconded. I think it often and have maybe mentioned it once or twice in december, but now that the season is going I must say clearly, at least once, that this game is a fantastic endeavour. It's made a lot of people interact with fellow forum members in a way that they wouldn't be inclined to otherwise. It's great to see it's taken on a life of it's own, I remember first reading the thread and thinking it was a great idea, and obviously many others have too. Thanks to the originator and all who participate.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I've disowned my team. Its going from bad to worse with Ricco and Pellizotti gone, Soler crashing out his last race, (surprise) Phinney injured and now Greiple missing Tirreno from today.

Anton and Wiggens still on 0 points also. Vande Velde still hasnt broken anything yet and his body seems in one piece for the moment so that's something. ;)

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
sublimit said:
I've disowned my team. Its going from bad to worse with Ricco and Pellizotti gone, Soler crashing out his last race, (surprise) Phinney injured and now Greiple missing Tirreno from today.

Anton and Wiggens still on 0 points also. Vande Velde still hasnt broken anything yet and his body seems in one piece for the moment so that's something. ;)

I feel the same (I am "bottom" but for Wiggins fan), but let's remember that we're only what, 35 seconds into the season? ;) (wheres the link to that video)

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
sublimit said:

You know, seeing you and others complain about their teams has made me feel better about mine.

I have Pellizotti and Phinney and others like Wiggans who haven't gotten any points yet. I also have second tier sprinters who I had hoped would put up some early points but have disappointed (Steegmans, Chicchi, Keukeliere, Ciolek). But overall... I feel pretty solid about a top 30 finish. I have 10 riders who've earned back at least a quarter of their cost despite only being 2 months in without a ton of the bigger point races having arrived yet... I feel like my team is doing okay.

Now I regret I didn't pick Wiggins. He'll score quite a few points in PN, and will probably do something similar in other races.

I considered Klöden (basically a 'nothing' year in 2010, and a favourite of mine) and Taaramäe as well. Aw, why the heck did I take the easy route and pick the suspicious bloodsuckers?

I hope for a brilliant time trial to take Ulissi up the rankings (think I'm the only one who has him) and for Chris Sørensen to gain time somewhere and finish high up! Ever the optimist.

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Squire said:
Now I regret I didn't pick Wiggins. He'll score quite a few points in PN, and will probably do something similar in other races.

I considered Klöden (basically a 'nothing' year in 2010, and a favourite of mine) and Taaramäe as well. Aw, why the heck did I take the easy route and pick the suspicious bloodsuckers?

I hope for a brilliant time trial to take Ulissi up the rankings (think I'm the only one who has him) and for Chris Sørensen to gain time somewhere and finish high up! Ever the optimist.

If Wiggins builds his season around races like this and just trying to do well in the time trials in GT's rather then win the overall... he could be a big point scorer. That's why I took the risk on him. Plus I figured that even if he still tried to focus on the GT route, he wouldn't be much different point wise then last year, so not a big negative worry.

I thought last year was the beginning of a downward slide for Kloden. I never would have expected him to do what he did today. Anyone who grabbed him has to be thinking they made a good choice at this point.

Agree on Wiggins. He'll do well in all races with a TT. He's said that he would try and pick up a few wins during the season, so I think he's not only focusing on the Tour.

kurtinsc said:
I thought last year was the beginning of a downward slide for Kloden. I never would have expected him to do what he did today. Anyone who grabbed him has to be thinking they made a good choice at this point.

Don't think anyone picked him.
Klöden's form varies quite a lot, 2005 for example, was horrible. But he has too much class to be performing sub-standard for long periods of time. And he's not THAT old. He was 6th in the 2009 Tour while working for the 2nd rider on the team, and I could well see him become The Shack's main man for the Tour this year. I don't rate Brajkovic over three weeks, and Leipheimer seems to have lost it a bit. So has Zubeldia, but he was always a breakaway man anyway.

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Squire said:
Agree on Wiggins. He'll do well in all races with a TT. He's said that he would try and pick up a few wins during the season, so I think he's not only focusing on the Tour.

Don't think anyone picked him.
Klöden's form varies quite a lot, 2005 for example, was horrible. But he has too much class to be performing sub-standard for long periods of time. And he's not THAT old. He was 6th in the 2009 Tour while working for the 2nd rider on the team, and I could well see him become The Shack's main man for the Tour this year. I don't rate Brajkovic over three weeks, and Leipheimer seems to have lost it a bit. So has Zubeldia, but he was always a breakaway man anyway.

All indications are Brajkovic will be the RS man for the Tour. If he falters, I could see Kloden being there as the #2 option, but I think Bruyneel is trying to hook his chain to an up and coming rider... and that doesn't describe Kloden anymore.