CQ ranking

Page 70 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 2, 2009
1,112
0
0
I'm pretty much smack bang in the middle of the list and pleasantly surprised with that, given my new-ness to the sport. :) I was going to sign up for Skidmark's "Disadvantaged through Lack of Knowledge" Sub-category until Hitch cracked it and the discussion went pear-shaped.

Still a long way to go this season, though. There will be changes in fortune for many of us.
 
So much for my team of big names, you would think they would come to play once "the season started"... Ricco is no excuse, no one else is doing anything either. If it wasn't for Goss I would be more or less last. Clarke is my best place in T-A, if he gets a top20 that will be great. Goose and Sinkewitz big let downs so far.

My entire season now banks on the performances of my Spanish speaking armada.

If I don't win M-SR it will sum up my season to date... Boonen, Cavendish, Goss, Haussler. For my team's sake the best result would be Cavendish.
 
May 25, 2010
3,371
0
0
Slid down from 14th to 24th. I imagine not having any of the main Italains will help me continue that slide.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
still wandering round in the 70's

valuable lessons learnt

1) spend more than 5 minutes doing team
2) read thread and look at bargains that are pointed out
3) spending all the 3500 isnt neccesailry a good thing, i am now wondering about the tactic of only spending a couple of hundred point.

thank god for Jesse Sergent
 
Nov 23, 2009
649
0
0
I'm proud of my riders in another great performance this week. Especially Taaramae! 388 points last week and 4th overall.

I still have a ton of great riders yet to show: Anton, Bruseghin, Gadret, Gasparotto, Henao, Phinney, Roche, Rujano and Sastre.

And a good group for Ardennes and GT. Will have to be lucky to make points on the cobbles though.
 
just realised that jonny bellis might've been a good 0-pointer, back racing with SBS in april. don't think anyone has him.
@tsf the winner will be the highest scorer not the best improver.
 
Nov 17, 2009
2,388
0
0
So... my top 10 riders so far this season in terms of return:

#1: Cobo - 65 points, 0 cost. He'll always have an infinite return since he was free.
#2: Swift - 240 points, 203 cost. My only other rider in the positive. 118% return.
#3: Haussler - 242 points, 251 cost. 96% return.
#4: Talansky - 68 points, 76 cost. 89% return.
#5: Degenkolb - 123 points, 144 cost. 85% return.
#6: Hermans - 188 points, 223 cost. 84% return.
#7: Duarte - 106 points, 181 cost. 58% return.
#8: Vande Velde - 50 points, 90 cost. 56% return.
#9: Wiggins - 171 points, 376 cost. 45% return.
#10: Maaskant - 42 points, 118 cost. 36% return (though that injury makes his prospects this year much less optimistic).
 
Nov 17, 2009
2,388
0
0
Some other noteable returns on guys on at least on player's team:

Guardini - 4725% return. Yikes.
Renshaw - 164% return.
Schumacher - 520% return. Did he really cost 5 points or did we up his price?
Meyer - 239% return.
Adrien Petit - 152% return.
Geoffry Soupe - 925% return.
Giacomo Nizzolo - 1400% return.
Moonsalve - 305% return
Jesse Sergent - 543% return
Brutt - 212% return
Darren Lapthorne - 250% return
Kittel - 165% return.
Alex Howes - 675% return


Some of these guys have few points, but cost so little their return is high. That doesn't change the fact they are great values. Anyone with any points left over could have used Lapthorne... cost 2 points and has scored 5... but that return will probably be better then your team average.

Include me in that list. I had 5 points left over. Guardini cost 4 points. DOH!
 
kurtinsc said:
Include me in that list. I had 5 points left over. Guardini cost 4 points. DOH!
I was at the 33 rider limit, but realized that Vlad Efimkin may have retired. I had 11 points left over, and he cost 20, so I could have got a 30 pointer, but looking around the only guy I had even heard of was Jesse Sargent, and I thought 'well, he's a neo-pro and he probably won't do that much, I probably only know about him because this site mostly talks about english-language riders, etc'. I figured the chances of him having a good year were about as good as the chances of Efimkin actually racing. Now I have a retired racer and missed out on someone who has already paid back in spades. DOH! indeed.
 
skidmark said:
I was at the 33 rider limit, but realized that Vlad Efimkin may have retired. I had 11 points left over, and he cost 20, so I could have got a 30 pointer, but looking around the only guy I had even heard of was Jesse Sargent, and I thought 'well, he's a neo-pro and he probably won't do that much, I probably only know about him because this site mostly talks about english-language riders, etc'. I figured the chances of him having a good year were about as good as the chances of Efimkin actually racing. Now I have a retired racer and missed out on someone who has already paid back in spades. DOH! indeed.
If it's one lesson I have learnt so far it's that chosing neo pros is not a bad thing in this game. It's just a question of finding the right ones. I was skeptical about chosing Matthews and Degenkolb etc but they have made the transition to the pro ranks really well which is good information to have for next year.
 
Spare Tyre said:
I'm pretty much smack bang in the middle of the list and pleasantly surprised with that, given my new-ness to the sport. :) I was going to sign up for Skidmark's "Disadvantaged through Lack of Knowledge" Sub-category until Hitch cracked it and the discussion went pear-shaped.

Still a long way to go this season, though. There will be changes in fortune for many of us.
My cycling addiction started last year at the end of May. So I consider myself rather fresh to the sport. Allthough I've always kept on eye on cycling since 1990. Still this forum is stuffed with experts so my current position (16) fills me with pride :p
 
ingsve said:
If it's one lesson I have learnt so far it's that chosing neo pros is not a bad thing in this game. It's just a question of finding the right ones. I was skeptical about chosing Matthews and Degenkolb etc but they have made the transition to the pro ranks really well which is good information to have for next year.
My team is filled with neopros. All the promising riders from L'avenir etc are in my team.. Except for the colombians though.
They are rather cheap and will almost certainly gather more points compared to last year.
 
Dec 27, 2010
6,674
0
0
Woohoo, off the (2nd) bottom place, thanks to Wiggo :)

EDIT: A result I hadn't seen from the weekend, one of my unique picks Hans Dekkers (cost 13) is off the mark onto 4 points thanks to his 7th place in Omloop van het Waasland! lol
 
ingsve said:
If it's one lesson I have learnt so far it's that chosing neo pros is not a bad thing in this game. It's just a question of finding the right ones. I was skeptical about chosing Matthews and Degenkolb etc but they have made the transition to the pro ranks really well which is good information to have for next year.
Yeah, it's a bit of a learning curve to understand how CQ points work. Like how U23 riders don't get many points for most of the races that they do... really, if they show anything in their pro year they'll be fine. I was skeptical of Matthews and Degenkolb too, preferring to take more 'sure' bets like riders coming back from injuries or bans. But that's good info, and kind of exciting because I don't want a homogenous team but am utterly logical in games like this.
 
Dec 27, 2010
6,674
0
0
Squire said:
Was that the guy who was signed by Garmin because of one good sprint? :p
You'll have to ask Ruben for a more succinct explanation, but I believe he was very promising espoir with Rabobank CT, but apart from the win you mention he's obviously not achieved as much as he was touted to do so. At 13 points I thought he was worth a punt ;)

Really regretting only picking 28 riders, definite error on my part, filling your quota is the way to go. As it is I have 28 riders, of which 2 are injured (Breschel, Maaskant), one retired (Efimkin), one suspended all season (Pellizotti) and one suspended til July (Thomas Dekker). Not a good situation to be in but still love this game.
 
skidmark said:
Yeah, it's a bit of a learning curve to understand how CQ points work. Like how U23 riders don't get many points for most of the races that they do... really, if they show anything in their pro year they'll be fine. I was skeptical of Matthews and Degenkolb too, preferring to take more 'sure' bets like riders coming back from injuries or bans. But that's good info, and kind of exciting because I don't want a homogenous team but am utterly logical in games like this.
The problem I had is that I thought that they would mostly get a chance to score points in sprinter stages or things like that but it turns out that if you
re australian you can get lots of free points in TDU. I also thought they would have a harder time getting opportunities in PT teams but both Matthews and Degekolb have had opportunities to ride for their own results.

I know Phinney is injured but his season so far is more what I thought they would have.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Games and Fantasy Cycling 817

ASK THE COMMUNITY