• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CQ ranking

Page 90 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
I know, but are we to be naive and believe they just doped in the race they got caught? please. (BTW maybe this can be the case sometimes, but yeah, I'm sure you get my point)

The punishment score (0) was a less naive look at doping. And like I said, it meant players had to think about picking more risky riders, please refer to my above post on what I mean by this.

Actually, the 0 points for doping rule was brought in after a large number of teams had been submitted. It was brought in on the morning of 9th December. A few hours later Hugo said that all teams had to be in, meaning many who did see it ( I never did as I was out all day) didnt really have time to consider it anyway.

And no I dont believe that dopers only dope in races they get caught, but if we are going to base who dopes where on Cn forums opinions, then why dont we just give Kwiatkowski 0 points right now because on the 3 days of Depanne thread, it seemed like many posters had been visited by the angel Gabriel who told them he was many he was doping.

great day for me: bugge and laengen together gets me 19 points from the u23 ronde. yay. since i have noone who can do anything in roubaix (except maybe haussler), I guess I should be happy about those 19 points.

My most expensive rider was boasson hagen, which I knew was risky, but I figured he would have a better spring than last year. Now he's out for six weeks, after already struggling with his achilles before that, I can only hope he breaks even.

My team for paris-roubaix: haussler, oss, guarnieri, ignatiev, ivanov, degenkolb, kristoff, and bjørn selander. hope half of them finish.

luckyboy said:
Shouldn't the points be exactly the same as whatever CQ give? Seeing as this is the CQ Manager game.

I agree with this. CQ takes away a riders points once they have have been officially found guilty. Is it fair to take away someone's points before due process? What if they are found innocent?

Actually, Hugo's rule isn't clear. Does he mean an official UCI suspension or any team suspension?

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Nuyens got you good points in Classica Primevera.

Though Sella, Cunego and Rujano break is looking good in Italy.

And Boonen is having a worse season than last year.

Oh well, everything on the world championship then.

These monuments are really ****ing me off.

After i submited my team, I looked through cq and immediately found Van Summeren and wished I had him (well other than Vandevelde who I realised i forgot like 1 second after i pressed submit).

All i could do was sit back and hope that not too many people would choose him.

Thankfully that might be my saving grace.

But I thought to myself, pff, so Ill lose a few points, maybe Van Summeren will get 400 or so.

But never, ever ever, did i envision this.

The cq gods are not smiling kindly on monuments. I do well in stage races, but monuments i keep thinking to myself - at least it cant possibly get any worse next time.

Can it:eek:

Like i said, Vandevelde will win LBL and GDL.

I guarantee it.

Ferminal said:
Oh, you have Boonen too :(

I thought he was an easy 1200 points, at least.

Lucky to break even now.

Another flaw in the "big names" strategy I chose, especially if they target one or two big races (like Flanders and P-R), only to be struck down by lady luck.

Might have to avoid anyone over 500 points next season.

Ironically i spent a lot of posts telling people that spending over 500 points wasnt wise and yet the 3 who i identified as worth the 500+ point cost (Boonen, Cunego who i did choose, Ricco who I didnt) all look like failures.

Boonen however still has the tour, Paris tours and worlds to make up some points.

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Ironically i spent a lot of posts telling people that spending over 500 points was wise and yet the 3 who i identified as worth the 500+ point cost (Boonen, Cunego who i did choose, Ricco who I didnt) all look like failures.

Boonen however still has the tour, Paris tours and worlds to make up some points.

Cunego on 369 against 659 last year is hardly a failure yet and it is despite him having problems. Still along way to go. I agree with you though Boonen, Cunego and Ricco all looked like excellent choices, with Goss I thought they were the 4 best high points buys. I was regretting not having Ricco in my team for a while.

TRENDING THREADS