• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CQ ranking

Page 92 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
All right, my team is set. I tried for depth and pretty consistent riders so I hope to get at least a few points from most of my riders.

Their rider list is terribly out-of-date so be sure to check start lists before the deadline.

Good luck everybody, especially those of you high in the overall standings:)

luckyboy said:
Did many people pick big scorers from last year (Gilbert, AC, Nibali, Rodriguez etc.)?

No, those few of the top scorers that got picked was only picked by a couple of people. When you get down to around 12-1400 there are a few riders like Cavendish, Gesink and EBH that got picked by a few more but still not that many. The standout among these is Cavendish with 21 picks.

That was the reason i picked Arvesen.

And of course he decides not to finish races anymore.

Ronde DNF, Roubaix DNF (ok, a bit hard to finish without a saddle), today DNF

Another edit: and Amstel is a different ballgame to beating up the helpless Andronis in the Appennino.

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
I have basically lost interest in this season cq game, too far behind :(
12' the year of timmy. I think if i keep saying it, it must come true.

So youre behind after the Ttt (warm up races) and Strade Bianchi (Cobbles). Dont worry, we still have Mount Etna (Ardennes) Grossglockner (Giro) Zoncolan (Tour) and Finnestre (figure it out) to come before the 32km ITT to finish it off (Worlds). But you never know which races (Romandie, Suisse, Dauphine etc) can produce a Laquilla.

roundabout said:
That was the reason i picked Arvesen.

And of course he decides not to finish races anymore.

Ronde DNF, Roubaix DNF (ok, a bit hard to finish without a saddle), today DNF

Another edit: and Amstel is a different ballgame to beating up the helpless Andronis in the Appennino.

He's had the job of protecting the leaders from the start of the race the past few weeks so he has put in a lot of work early in the races. Today he was set to protecting Nordhaug who unfortunately had some problem breathing during the race, possibly due to allergies but still managed to finish in the second main group.

ingsve said:
Of course it does. It's a WT race.

Well its a bit strange because if you look at the Giro Tour Vuelta for example, the Tour winner gets slightly more than the Giro or Vuelta winners, and the guys finishing in the bottom 100 or so are similarly getting 17 for the Giro rather than the nice round 20 figure for the Tour.

Similarly Amstel winner gets less points than the Liege winner. So why are the bottom guys getting the same nice round 5 points and not 4 or 3.

TRENDING THREADS