• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CQ ranking

Page 119 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
This could still be get interesting. By my quick calculations I should still lead Waterloo Sunrise by 400-500 points or so unless I forgot to count someone. The road race was terrible for me with only Galuimzyanov getting more than the 10 points for finishing. I did have 12 riders get those 10 points though. I haven't checked to see if anyone else has gotten closer than that but I doubt it since the lead to others was a lot bigger. If Rasmussen gets suspended the lead would be done to just a couple hundred points.

ingsve said:
This could still be get interesting. By my quick calculations I should still lead Waterloo Sunrise by 400-500 points or so unless I forgot to count someone. The road race was terrible for me with only Galuimzyanov getting more than the 10 points for finishing. I did have 12 riders get those 10 points though. I haven't checked to see if anyone else has gotten closer than that but I doubt it since the lead to others was a lot bigger. If Rasmussen gets suspended the lead would be done to just a couple hundred points.

i reckon im 3rd another 400 or so points behind 2nd. your lead 481 by my maths

greenedge said:
Are most people going to get Goos next year or do you think races at classics/ a new team might conspire against him???

Probably not. He's very expensive and I have a hard time seeing him doing enough better that he will be worth it over other choices. Even with the increased leadership he will get I can't really see him doing more than 1200-1500 points next year. Look at Cavendish. Even with winning Worlds, 7 GT stages and the green jersey he didn't manage 1500 points.

So you guys werent talking about Marc Goos?

No way is Goss worth it, hes achieved too much this year.

El Pistolero said:
Just go for it. Compare Gilbert's score from this year with last year. Sometimes you need to take a little gamble :p

In any other thread you would laugh at the idea that Goss can significantly improve his results next season on this one, despite being possibly its major breakthrough rider.

But here it is just another good opportunity to mention Gilbert.

Need to keep that Gilbert mentions : Post ratio over 70 %?

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Erm, Goss can easily improve his 1100 CQ points next year. You don't need to win a Monument for that. If he's more consistent next year he'll easily surpass those points even if he doesn't win anything big. I used Phil because he was the best example to be used.

Goss in San Remo form can be competitive at the Ronde, Paris-Roubaix, San Remo, G-W, E3 Prijs Vlaanderen, Tour de France, Omloop het Volk, etc

He had a great start of the season this year, but faded after that. If he can be consisted for a longer period next year he can break the 2000 points barrier. And since the reason why he faded is his own fault he can most certainly be better next year if he changes his mentality ;)

Goss is very much like another type of classics rider, but I'm afraid you wont like to hear his name as well: Tom Boonen.

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Gilbert improved this year and did excellent. But is he that great a CQ pick?

Prior to the current update, he had scored 165% of his 2010 total. That's good, but it's not exceptional. Looking at just my team, Theo Bos was at 243%, Degenkolb was at 413%, Hermans was at 282%, Seeldrayers at 515%, Swift at 215%, Talansky at 268%, VdV at 527% and Wiggins at 309%.

Those riders combined cost about 500 points less then Gilbert did and scored a thousand more points.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
kurtinsc said:

Prior to the current update, he had scored 165% of his 2010 total. That's good, but it's not exceptional. Looking at just my team, Theo Bos was at 243%, Degenkolb was at 413%, Hermans was at 282%, Seeldrayers at 515%, Swift at 215%, Talansky at 268%, VdV at 527% and Wiggins at 309%.

Those riders combined cost about 500 points less then Gilbert did and scored a thousand more points.

Yes, because you most likely also have a list of riders who gained less points than the year before.

Besides, Goss is cheaper than Gilbert in 2010.

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Yes, because you most likely also have a list of riders who gained less points than the year before.

Besides, Goss is cheaper than Gilbert in 2010.

Again... not saying he was a bad pick, but if your best case scenario is a 175% return, then it's tough to say a pick is great.

Gilbert would be 13th on my team in regards to rate of return based on the last update. Perhaps he gets into the top 10 with a good finish to the year.

I'm not saying that's bad, but he's really not on the list of riders I regret not taking.

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
It looks difficult to pick the sprinters for next year. In theory you have Cav, Goss and Renshaw fighting over points that they wouldn't have been this year plus the younger ones(Degenkolb, Matthews, Kittel) also in the mix. Sure they all have different strenghts but the field looks stronger overall.

kurtinsc said:

Gilbert would have been an amazing pick - probably one of the best - for one reason; he "takes up points" so you can pick some cheaper guys (like Dowsett, Guardini, Nizzolo) who all have turned an amazing profit.

Of course in a vacuum he isn't that great, but because he makes room for riders who have turned a 8000% profit, he's worth it.

A few pages back you can see the "optimal" team for this season, and it had Gilbert in it.

Update 37

The Worlds are over and we're approaching the last month in which big points can be earned.

mc_mountain and Waterloo Sunrise both catch up on ingsve with 500 points, mainly thanks to Cavendish. Meanwhile, Ham-N-Eggs is once again to be found in the top 10 on the expense of nvpacchi.

However, the big winner this week is The Cobra who dominates the high scorer and high jumper statistics!

In the bottom of the rankings Wiggins_fan is finally in the positives! It's kinda weird seing those green numbers down in the bottom. Only 10 teams are now in the negatives - hopefully everyone will have turned a profit in the end.

Top 10:

1. (1) ingsve - 13118
2. (2) Waterloo Sunrise - 12614
3. (4) mc_mountain - 12197
4. (3) Handbrake - 11935
5. (6) Sneekes - 11691
6. (5) kurtinsc - 11606
7. (8) Armchair Cyclist - 11565
8. (7) The Hitch - 11494
9. (12) Ham-N-Eggs - 11457
10. (10) Kwibus - 11414

This weeks high scorers:

1. The Cobra - 986
2. Waterloo Sunrise - 842
2. Kevin Rudd's Hairdryer - 842
4. mc_mountain - 814
5. Ferminal - 809

This weeks high jumpers:

1. The Cobra +15
2. Kevin Rudd's Hairdryer +10
2. Ferminal +10
2. jaylew +10
5. Spider1964 +9
5. Kazistuta +9

Download:
http://www.easy-share.com/020B43D2E8DA11E09676002481FAD55A/CQ Rankings Spreadsheet update 37.xls
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NYLQ1Y9G

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
al_pacino said:
It looks difficult to pick the sprinters for next year. In theory you have Cav, Goss and Renshaw fighting over points that they wouldn't have been this year plus the younger ones(Degenkolb, Matthews, Kittel) also in the mix. Sure they all have different strenghts but the field looks stronger overall.

That's sort of what I'm having trouble with, finding a top sprinter for my team. So far, the only ones I got are those can sprint from a small group, I still havn't gotten an ideal bunch sprinter.

TRENDING THREADS